DVDVR Message Board

All-Encompassing Sports TV Thread of Hate

LooseCannon

"Real" car restoration shows can be good.  Fake, scripted shit like Pimp My Ride needs to be wiped from the planet.

I want a car restoration show where they have to restore mundane cars.  Like take a rusted out 1986 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme and restore it to factory new condition.  No pimping, just restore the car to how it looked when it rolled off the assembly line.  Or they have to restore a 1993 Dodge Neon.

Restoring classic cars to their original condition is still kind of cool, but they should choose weird obscure shit no one would want like a Yugo.

Restoring classic cars to their original condition is still kind of cool, but they should choose weird obscure shit no one would want like a Yugo.

I know this is kinda off topic but the book some guy put out a few years back on the history of the Yugo is worth tracking down. Did you know at the time it was published there was a single Yugo that was still on the road in the state of Florida?

Does Tony Kornheiser have a cheaper Mexican equivalent they could replace him with? El Kornholeiser. It'd just be one of their Deportes guys in a lucha mask.

So last night Jessica Mendoza became ESPN's 1st female MLB analyst (she called the Cards/D-Back game)

My favorite part is that those on the internet who hate people with vaginas could only come up with SHE WAS TOO KNOWLEDGEABLE!!!! as a slam against her (which also goes to the turd-tastic nature of games called by like John Kruk)

It took 13 minutes for our first "kitchen" comment at AA, but it was actually the only one I saw (because I didn't open up the Twitter feed).

Some guy got uppity and said that all on-field analysts were useless. When I pointed out she was in the booth, he got real angry for no real reason.

Internet, man.

So we're clear regarding ESPN's discipline policy: Question the commissioner of the NFL, earn a suspension and eventually get fired. Compare Muslims to Nazis, keep your job and suffer no immediate consequence. Got it. 

• Like 1