DVDVR Message Board

All-Encompassing Sports TV Thread of Hate

LooseCannon

Anybody think that Cowherd made the comment as his way of just leaving ESPN is his own dumb blaze of glory.   Now he can go to Fox Sports and talk about how "nobody can hold me back" .  He would have had to do something really awful to lose that Fox deal given how they are scooping up people

Cowherd's attempt at apologizing was typical douchebag as he said he was sorry but then basically said he had the facts to prove he was right along.  apparently if he just insulted a larger group of people instead of Dominicans it would have been okay 

Anybody think that Cowherd made the comment as his way of just leaving ESPN is his own dumb blaze of glory.   Now he can go to Fox Sports and talk about how "nobody can hold me back" .  He would have had to do something really awful to lose that Fox deal given how they are scooping up people

Cowherd's attempt at apologizing was typical douchebag as he said he was sorry but then basically said he had the facts to prove he was right along.  apparently if he just insulted a larger group of people instead of Dominicans it would have been okay 

I'm sure Anthony Cumia will be defending Colin on Monday.

• Like 1

I thought there was a sportswriter thread, but that must gave been the old board.

Anyway...

Posnanski and Tommy Tomlinson tweeted they were at the nwa convention. Will be curious if either write about it.

Speaking of sportswriting, Mike Tunison resigned from Kissing Suzy Kolber and wrote a pretty scathing post about Uproxx on the way out.  It sounds like the site will no longer exist in any meaningful way.  It's a real bummer, even though I don't give a shit about the NFL I always enjoyed reading their stuff.

And I nominate you for that. Show off your creative writing skills, I don't care if you have a degree in Nuclear Bionics, you can do it.

Was there no fucking baseball or women's basketball on today?  Why in the ever living blue fuck is Sportscenter doing a segment called "Top Twitter Troll".  

My god.  

I honestly wonder if 5 years from now we'll be saying "Remember when sports were on SportsCenter?"

They could do an ESPN specific event called "Segue to Jeter" where you throw out any topic on earth and they have to, well you know....

"It's been 643 days since the disappearance of Flight 370...and no one turns a 6-4-3 like Derek Jeter..."

Their twitter feed randomly had an update about League of Legends yesterday which was on WatchESPN.com, so yes, you will be saying that about Sportscenter, only probably within a year at this rate. It'll just be fighting game tournament coverage most of the time with the occasional box score printed on screen.

They already show a lot of hunting stuff, so they might as well just put every fringe thing possible on there. Modern hunting is about as much sport as sitting and watching TV at this point for most hunters, so fuck it.