DVDVR Message Board

All-Encompassing Sports TV Thread of Hate

LooseCannon

Now Max Kellerman suspended.

/awfulannouncing.com/2014/espn-suspends-max-kellerman-for-comments-on-domestic-violence.html

That is just incredibly dumb.

Not a hate post per se, just general sports TV here in Canada. But the CBC has let go Mark Lee and Steve Armitage.

Lee I have no time for. He was a shithouse hockey play by play man who couldn't keep from getting erect over his own favourite team in Calgary and nobody liked him, and now that Hockey Night in Canada is no more they can him. Should have done it years ago.

Armitage on the other hand I have a soft spot for as that guy that did no less than 15 Olympics, and was always handed a lot of random stuff but always handled it like a pro. He called a ton of huge moments at Olympics over my lifetime and he'll be missed.

I feel like LeBetard comes out looking worse after writing that.

At least Lebetard admits in the beginning that this article makes him come off like a douche.  Most of the talking heads in ESPN wouldn't do that.  But admitting to being one doesn't excuse you from being one

Can someone explain to me what there are 2 SEC Network channels?   I can understand having one since we have a Pac 12, Big 10, and hell even a network for Texas but two?     <_<

I am assuming you mean SEC Network and then SEC Network+

The + one is the all online events that will be aired via WatchESPN and SECNetwork.com

So it's not a 2nd Network just a way to show stuff that is only online

Dish won't even carry them. They have about 20 "Alt sports" feeds that sit there unused, but won't flip them on for this.

But, I can see Joel Osteen on three different channels at any time of day, so YAY!

As I understand it, there are no added costs other than bandwidth.  NBC provides the feeds as part of whatever they negotiated with each carrier.