DVDVR Message Board

All-Encompassing Sports TV Thread of Hate

LooseCannon

I'm glad that she's going off on this but ESPN isn't usually too fond of this kind of thing unless it's I guess Bill Simmons who they are seemingly afraid of now..

I think if your Beadle in this situation you don't see how ESPN can do anything to you without doing something to SAS.

Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait...

What the fuck is the "other side" of the domestic violence discussion?

In the national discourse, domestic violence is exclusively male-on-female. As Tawny Kitaen and Chuck Finley showed, that's obviously not true. But the national discussion implies it is.

Of course, that ain't exactly what Smith was saying...

Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait...

What the fuck is the "other side" of the domestic violence discussion?

In the national discourse, domestic violence is exclusively male-on-female. As Tawny Kitaen and Chuck Finley showed, that's obviously not true. But the national discussion implies it is.

Of course, that ain't exactly what Smith was saying...

Except those are small cases and not really the biggest problem.  It's just dudes who get in a huff for some reason.  Like white guys who complain about being mistreated when 90% of the system is rigged in our favour.

So for the record SAS says what he says nothing. Tony Kornheiser makes a comment about Hanna Storms boots 2 weeks unpaid.

See, Screamin' A just said something stupid.  Tony K spoke against somebody who works for the Empire.

I've hated Stephen A-hole Smith ever since he was writing for the Philadelphia Inquirer and decided to be David Stern's hatchet man and attack Philly fans for booing Kobe.

I'm glad that she's going off on this but ESPN isn't usually too fond of this kind of thing unless it's I guess Bill Simmons who they are seemingly afraid of now..

It does seem that way, doesn't it? I'm still trying to figure out what he's got on them. Ten years ago he was the name-dropping Boston homer columnist that everyone made fun of, and now he's NBA expert numero uno, he's the head of the blog that basically makes up the editorial/commentary section of ESPN's website, and he's all over their TV despite the fact that he sounds like Wally fucking Cox.

Didn't he get suspended from using his twitter account or something stupid like that for criticizing First Take?

Yeah it was from criticizing that awful argument Bayless had with Richard Sherman.

For saying something stupid about Ray Rice, Screamin' A got a suspension half the length of Rice's for knocking out a woman. Makes perfect sense.

• Like 1

For saying something stupid about Ray Rice, Screamin' A got a suspension half the length of Rice's for knocking out a woman. Makes perfect sense.

Thing is, if SAS hadn't dug himself a deeper hole with his Twitter explanation, he probably would have gotten out of this jam.  He's made similar comments in the past with no one saying a word.  He simply picked the wrong time to express his warped POV, along with slaughtering the English language.

SAS has been suspended for a week will not appear on ESPN for one week. 

http://deadspin.com/first-take-discusses-a-womans-responsibility-to-avoid-b-1610831462/1612913493/+barryap

Worse organization right now, the Four Letter or The Shield?

The Shield, seriously Rollins hit those other dudes with chairs.

• Like 2