DVDVR Message Board

All-Encompassing Sports TV Thread of Hate

LooseCannon

When they book comedians for Mike & Mike it is the absolute worst. They go so over-the-top with their laughter to make it seem like it is the most hysterical thing of all time.

The strange thing about the LeBron/Freeman bit is that when James' essay was released, people were saying what a great, inspirational speech it was. And now these same people are laughing at it. The bit wasn't that funny and I felt kind of embarrassed for Mike & Mike laughing so hard at it.

I heard a bit of it, and thought Caliendo's Freeman voice was way off.  Not nearly enough baritone.  ESPN and comedy needs to die a quick death.

• Like 2

SAS is trying his damnest to dig his way out by digging deeper.  It's glorious.

Michelle Beadle @MichelleDBeadle

· 36m

In a week in which LGBT & domestic abuse issues have been primarily discussed in one-sided formats, I stand by my words. #communicatebetter

Good for you Michelle.   (Btw, she's retweeting some of the more awful things being said to her.)

If SAS had noted Janay Palmer staying with and marrying Ray Rice after the attack and led a discussion on the continuous cycle of domestic abuse, he could have had a positive impact.  By asking what a woman could do to prevent abuse, SAS missed the entire point and went directly to victim blaming/shaming.

Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait...

What the fuck is the "other side" of the domestic violence discussion?

"She was asking for it."

"She wouldn't listen."

"She hit me with a frying pan."

"Look how she dressed."

Oh wait, that's why women get sexually assaulted.

Oh, Fowler, you sad idealistic hooplhead. 

Once we let it go that there's an "other side of things" to basic science, then it's that much easier to "other side" any issue of morality or human rights or anything really.

Trust me people can put a cape on for damn near anything.  People get fired all the time for minor shit, but people are putting a cape on for Anthony Cumia being fired for going on a public racist rant.  People will go get their guns to defend damn near anything, and the worst it is the more they want to fight.

• Like 1

This is all some stupid bullshit about the RIGHTS OF FREE SPEECH giving people license to say utterly ridiculous things, right?

Fuck, it's not like I want one, but it's not hard to see how some people have fallen into the trap of supporting police states in the past.

• Like 1

Screamin' A tried SO HARD to keep his misogyny in check, but it "popped up like a pimple on prom night" Jerry Lawler.

I don't know if it's even misogyny at this point.  That attitude is entrenched deeply into the psyches of many. The majority think this stance is the norm.  It's more of an indictment on society than SAS (who richly deserves to be chastised for his caveman mentality).

One of Beadles tweets implied that she was either made to watch it or happened to watch it. So my guess is someone said Michelle did you see what SAS said on first take and it went from there...I don't see Beadle as the type to wake up at 6am to watch ESPN shows.

One of Beadles tweets implied that she was either made to watch it or happened to watch it. So my guess is someone said Michelle did you see what SAS said on first take and it went from there...I don't see Beadle as the type to wake up at 6am to watch ESPN shows.

Doesnt she work on Sportsnation again now? If so, they prob were in the office and it was on the tv.