DVDVR Message Board

All-Encompassing Sports TV Thread of Hate

LooseCannon

This idea of putting the BCS game on every ESPN channel in different formats is just nuts.  I mean who is that much of a sadist that they would rather listen to 5 talking heads and a random B list celebrity and watch the game in a small screen.   And then they show the same commercials instead of letting them actually talk.  Are people that sick of Brent Musburger  :unsure:

This idea of putting the BCS game on every ESPN channel in different formats is just nuts.  I mean who is that much of a sadist that they would rather listen to 5 talking heads and a random B list celebrity and watch the game in a small screen.   And then they show the same commercials instead of letting them actually talk.  Are people that sick of Brent Musburger  :unsure:

You must not have looked at ESPNEWS - BCS Film Room was one of the best original things ESPN has put together in years.

• Like 1

You must not have looked at ESPNEWS - BCS Film Room was one of the best original things ESPN has put together in years.

I watched most a lot of the game on that channel, great concept they just needed to ditch Matt Millen who talked over people way to much. I hope they do something like it for Monday Night Football next season.

Also, Paul Chryst speaks! As a Pitt fan all I've seen out of him was blank stares with the occasional coach cliche tossed in once and awhile.

I watched most a lot of the game on that channel, great concept they just needed to ditch Matt Millen who talked over people way to much. I hope they do something like it for Monday Night Football next season.

Also, Paul Chryst speaks! As a Pitt fan all I've seen out of him was blank stares with the occasional coach cliche tossed in once and awhile.

In all honesty, I think Millen was...pretty good. But then again, compared to the last decade of his career, it didn't exactly take much for him to shine.

Watched the Clarett 30 for 30. And in a vaccum it was pretty good, but how many more "Tales of a star college halfback" stories do they plan on doing? I would have like to seen a little time devoted to the war between Mo and the OSU AD and how Sweater Vest was caught in the middle. Because it was the interesting and plot driving point in the story.

Also, "When Jim Brown says 'This is bullshit!', people stop" might be the truest thing ever said by anyone.

Watched the Clarett 30 for 30. And in a vaccum it was pretty good, but how many more "Tales of a star college halfback" stories do they plan on doing? I would have like to seen a little time devoted to the war between Mo and the OSU AD and how Sweater Vest was caught in the middle. Because it was the interesting and plot driving point in the story.

Also, "When Jim Brown says 'This is bullshit!', people stop" might be the truest thing ever said by anyone.

Where does Jim Brown rank on the all-time not to be fucked with list?  I think he is #1 for me.  The other thing in the documentary was when he said he sent some of his gangsters to talk to Clarett.

1) Brown

2) Charles Oakley

3) Any wrestler from the South Pacific.

A couple of underrated ones.

Steve Blake.  Udanis Haslem, who is an undisputed tough guy, vouches for him by saying simply he was the only white guy in my graduation. 

Nate Robinson.  You don't get to be that cocky about dunking on people that much bigger than you unless they understand that you will punch them in the face.  How many times has he been undercut and/or fouled by someone who weighs 75 lbs. more than him in his life?  Somewhere along the way he made sure it would never happen again, because somehow it has never happened in the NBA.