DVDVR Message Board

All-Encompassing Sports TV Thread of Hate

LooseCannon

Saw someone compare this to online poker years ago, when the advertising was becoming so prevalent that it was bound to eventually be investigated. When a pair of companies in a brand new industry combine to spend $27 million in a week on advertising...yeah, eyebrows are going to be raised.

The similarities are there for sure, but I doubt DFS goes the way of online poker for a few reasons:

1. US based companies with US based payouts.  Uncle Sam is already getting his cut.

2. Investment $$ coming from the right places.  

Kraft_Robert-Patriots-head-14.jpg

3. It could put season long fantasy football leagues in question and the sports leagues REALLY don't want that.  The lobbying from the leagues is the reason fantasy sports received an exemption when online poker was outlawed.

The funding from pretty much all of the major sports leagues (and various broadcast networks too) is a very good point. DFS is becoming such a divisive issue though, and I can see *something* happening to rein it in somewhat. There won't be a forced reduction in commercials. I *could* see DFS end up collapsing upon itself if something along the lines of "ads drive customers away, payouts keep rising, ad spending remains absurd, money runs out", but that won't be until somewhere way down the road.

For you Canadian radio listeners, looks like McCown and Brunt have split, nominally because Brunt guest hosted Tim and Sid directly against Bob

Nobody outside of Toronto likes McCown anyway, and I'm not sure how many people within Toronto like him.

For you Canadian radio listeners, looks like McCown and Brunt have split, nominally because Brunt guest hosted Tim and Sid directly against Bob

Nobody outside of Toronto likes McCown anyway, and I'm not sure how many people within Toronto like him.

I thnk it depends on the guest or subject, these days. And if he has a bad co-host like Ken Reid or Cox, the show is hard to enjoy.

Congress is interested in examining whether Draft Kings/et al is gambling.

This is my daily reminder of why I'm a registered Libertarian. Fuck the morality police with a barbed wire dildo.