DVDVR Message Board

All-Encompassing Sports TV Thread of Hate

LooseCannon

As I was saying on facebook, I set the over/under on "time until Keith reburns the newly rebuilt bridge" at six months.  Six glorious months of the best show on the ESPN family.

• Like 2

Dude doesn't crack the top 3, probably not the top 10.  And they can't cite social media as the reason, because Tebow deals with that, too.

I agree and think half the issues are because people cant wrap there brains around a college kid that has access to these things (NBA Finals ect ect) because his family has money. It hurts the idea of the starving student athlete idea

Dude doesn't crack the top 3, probably not the top 10.  And they can't cite social media as the reason, because Tebow deals with that, too.

I'm almost certain they are refering to him being the reigning Heisman Trophy winner, which he actually may be.  If there is something to hate about ESPN on the Manziel subject it is acting like him leaving a football camp early is some sort of mortal sin.  He is 20 years old, he probably got a little drunk and decided he would rather go home than throw a football.  It is the offseason, it isn't a team activity, and he can go home if he wants, it is not news.  Then again it is July during the all-star break and they have to talk about something.

I'm almost certain they are refering to him being the reigning Heisman Trophy winner, which he actually may be.  If there is something to hate about ESPN on the Manziel subject it is acting like him leaving a football camp early is some sort of mortal sin.  He is 20 years old, he probably got a little drunk and decided he would rather go home than throw a football.  It is the offseason, it isn't a team activity, and he can go home if he wants, it is not news.  Then again it is July during the all-star break and they have to talk about something.

Its that, the tweet about dislikeing College Station, the tweet from Game 2 of the NBA finals, the tweet about playing a round at peeble beach, throwing out a first pitch at a rangers game....you know all those things he shouldnt be doing cause EVER qb should be Payton and be spending 18 hours in a room watching tape.

Its that, the tweet about dislikeing College Station, the tweet from Game 2 of the NBA finals, the tweet about playing a round at peeble beach, throwing out a first pitch at a rangers game....you know all those things he shouldnt be doing cause EVER qb should be Payton and be spending 18 hours in a room watching tape.

Oh, and the overwhelming love of the broke athlete is a huge factor.  We can't have a 20 year old enjoying his life when he is supposed to be entertaining us.  He is going to school for free that means he can't have any money, independent thought, or free will. 

Oh, and the overwhelming love of the broke athlete is a huge factor.  We can't have a 20 year old enjoying his life when he is supposed to be entertaining us.  He is going to school for free that means he can't have any money, independent thought, or free will. 

I know it was during the boards summer brake but I remember one of the ESPN shows want to say the College Live or what ever talking about Jonny and saying he need to be more like Russell Wilson cause he was so mature his final year at Wisconsin as a 24 year old. I was so ready to throw things at the tv after that.

I agree and think half the issues are because people cant wrap there brains around a college kid that has access to these things (NBA Finals ect ect) because his family has money. It hurts the idea of the starving student athlete idea

Which makes no sense.  Matt Leinart's family had money--he drove a Hummer and lived in a fancy LA apartment that his dad paid for.  But I don't recall much talk about it.  Not everyone is broke, obviously.

Which makes no sense.  Matt Leinart's family had money--he drove a Hummer and lived in a fancy LA apartment that his dad paid for.  But I don't recall much talk about it.  Not everyone is broke, obviously.

Leinart wasnt tweeting about hating LA or showing up at NBA Finals games ect and play in the SEC. Was it Leinart that got a ton of talk about the fact he only had to take one class his Sr. year?

Leinart wasnt tweeting about hating LA or showing up at NBA Finals games ect and play in the SEC. Was it Leinart that got a ton of talk about the fact he only had to take one class his Sr. year?

Leinart did get some flack about having those girls in the hot tub with the beer bong.  If I was the National Championship winning quarterback at USC, they would have hated my guts.  L.A. is also much different than College Station, Texas. 

Leinart did get some flack about having those girls in the hot tub with the beer bong.  If I was the National Championship winning quarterback at USC, they would have hated my guts.  L.A. is also much different than College Station, Texas. 

I dont disagree wiht LA and College Station being diffrent. Wasnt the beer bong when he was in the NFL not at USC. Im saying I think Jonny is geting a raw deal because A) He doesnt fit ESPNs narative for college athletes, B) ESPN wants the narritive about him failing or not come the season C) He plays in the SEC D) There arnt any better storys in College football right now.

But the beer bong thing happened after Leinart was in the NFL.

More than anything, Manziel is guilty of his own success.  He wins the Heisman the year that Texas A&M moves to the SEC.  They beat the would-be national champions in Alabama.  Factor in that he's been in some trouble in the past, and we get this whirlwind.

Is it funny after reading the ESPN book that Keith is coming back to a place (ESPN 2) he hated having to work at the first time around?

Well the deuce is not nearly the same place as it used to be either. . .