DVDVR Message Board

All-Encompassing Sports TV Thread of Hate

LooseCannon

Fox Sports Southwest hired Craig James.

Related: fuck Fox Sports Southwest.

And he's already out at Fox Sports Southwest.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20130902/craig-james-will-not-return-to-fox-sports-southwest/

Sounds like they should have just transferred him to Fox News.

Wait until he endorses Russia's position during the Olympics.

It would be the greatest heel turn ever if Tebow renounced his citizenship to the US so he could be a Russian Olympian. In exchange, Tebow gets first crack at starting QB for Moscow next season. ESPN would need to create a new network for round the clock coverage. Tim Tebow would be responsible for the Cold War starting again.

Wait until he endorses Russia's position during the Olympics.

It would be the greatest heel turn ever if Tebow renounced his citizenship to the US so he could be a Russian Olympian. In exchange, Tebow gets first crack at starting QB for Moscow next season. ESPN would need to create a new network for round the clock coverage. Tim Tebow would be responsible for the Cold War starting again.
@russianmachine MT @Alexey_Andronov Sensation! Former NFL QB Tim Tebow is in talks with a team from Russia - Black Storm. For 2G

I've never understood the idea of hating someone because the media shoves him or her down our throat. Now, I am a Florida Gator supporter (family at Florida, etc) so the Tebow stuff never bothered me but I could see how someone would tire of the coverage. Still, it has nothing to do with the person.

As people Tim Tebow and Justin Beiber and Kim Kardashian could all be wonderful individuals.  I'm sure they have friends and family members who would attest to that, but we don't know them as people.  We know them as media figures, and sometimes those people get so much coverage that it winds up making us dislike them.  Not as people, because again we don't know them as people, but as media figures.

It's more that you're sick of hearing about the person than you are of the actual person.  Like I wouldn't mind watching Tim Tebow play in a football game, but I can't stand to hear Skip Bayless and his ilk talk the guy up anymore.

My issue was never with Tebow, it was with the fact  that I had to have endless conversations with people trying to tell me he was a good quarterback.  Then I would tell them he sucked and all of a sudden I was persecuting him.  Honestly I thought the whole Tebow thing was fun until people tried to act like it wasn't all smoke and mirrors.  It is like everyone turned into Jason Whitlock and Tim Tebow was the world's Jeff George.  That shit got old really quick.

So I don't have any actual evidence, but at this point it's safe to say that Bill Barnwell and Yakuza Rich are the same person.

God and I thought being called "Buff" was going to be the highlight of my month

Whatever happened to Rich, anyway?

He seems to have disappeared off the face of the Earth circa 2009.  I remember he posted in 2007 that he needed a kidney transplant....

He was one of the few people still posting on tOA. Like he posted there like 2 weeks ago.

Bill simmons has a NFL rankings column out, and he couldn't bury the AFC East more, or praise the Pats more. Not that the Pat cock-smoking is any surprise, as at least he's consistent. . .

I'm calling bullshit on this one.  Do you think the Bills or the Jets have a chance to win more than 5 games?  There is not an NFL ready quarterback on either team.  If it wasn't for the shitshow in Oakland, they would be fighting it out for the right to pick Clowney #1 come April.  The Dolphins may be a little better, but that roster isn't exactly full of All-Pros.  Was he supposed to pick any of those teams to be any higher than what they were ranked?

Bill simmons has a NFL rankings column out, and he couldn't bury the AFC East more, or praise the Pats more. Not that the Pat cock-smoking is any surprise, as at least he's consistent. . .

I'm calling bullshit on this one.  Do you think the Bills or the Jets have a chance to win more than 5 games?  There is not an NFL ready quarterback on either team.  If it wasn't for the shitshow in Oakland, they would be fighting it out for the right to pick Clowney #1 come April.  The Dolphins may be a little better, but that roster isn't exactly full of All-Pros.  Was he supposed to pick any of those teams to be any higher than what they were ranked?

I really think that the Bills could win 7-8 games if everything goes right, same with the dolphins. They probably won't, but to act like the the fucking chiefs are going to be THAT much better is madness. . .

You said it yourself if everything goes right one of these teams can end up 8-8.  That is a pretty low ceiling in the NFL.  The Chiefs had 5 Pro Bowl players on their roster last year, and now they have a competent coach and quarterback.  There is a logical reason for him to think the Chiefs will be pretty decent.  The Jets(2 Pro Bowlers) are about as dysfunctional as NFL teams get. The Bills(0 Pro Bowlers) have Spiller who could turn into a star, and EJ Manuel may be better than we think.  The Dolphins(1 Pro Bowler) don't have a single offensive player who defenses have to fear.  Could any or all those teams end up better than what he has them ranked? Yes, but on paper they are three of the least talented teams in the entire league so saying he buried them is a little over the top.