DVDVR Message Board

All-Encompassing Sports TV Thread of Hate

LooseCannon

Guest The Magnificent 7

All US sports networks need to stop having their pre / half-time analyst shows outside a studio.  Or at least if they feel they have to be among the arena fans, put up a glass enclosure or something.  Chael Sonnen and Rashad Evans are yelling at me right now because the music in the arena is so loud. 

Use your inside voices, fucksticks.

So, with the Fox network reshuffling, I haven't seen any plans for Fox Soccer Plus.  I would hope that they just moved all the UEFA and FA stuff to FS1 so I don't have to go and subscribe to FS+, which runs mostly rugby anyway.  That'd piss me off (since I subscribe to the damn sports package and FS+ is the ONLY THING I don't get.)

So, with the Fox network reshuffling, I haven't seen any plans for Fox Soccer Plus.  I would hope that they just moved all the UEFA and FA stuff to FS1 so I don't have to go and subscribe to FS+, which runs mostly rugby anyway.  That'd piss me off (since I subscribe to the damn sports package and FS+ is the ONLY THING I don't get.)

FS1 aired two of the CL matches live last week and this week (Arsenal and AC Milan), and they aired the others on a day or two delay. Not sure what they'll end up doing for the group stage, though. NBC's EPL Live Extra has been putting the "other" games live On Demand with Comcast...that would be a good model to use for the CL as well. Hell, that would be a great model for the Olympics too

I think we have found the Tim Tebow of Fox Sports 1 and his name is Johnny Manziel.  Every time they show up on the Gameday show, not only is he being hyped as a great QB but they are almost turned on by watching him. I think Erin Andrews had a wet moment when they showed him warming up

By the way, I couldn't stand Petros Padakis  as a analyst for the games but he is unbearable in a debate show kind of setting

Herm Edwards picked the Bills as a possible place for Saint Timmy. Because a poace known for it's swirling winds is PERFECT for a QB with accuraccy issues. Idiot.

Lets see Timmy vs A Undrafted Rookie who didnt even have a Wikipedia Page untill Monday....

Exactly.  Better to stink and be entertaining than to just stink.  Besides, Timmy is going for the AFC East royal flush.  Don't stand in his way!

• Like 1

I would take Tuel Time over Tebow Time. Plus, even though everyone seems to think Tuel starting week one (and oddly acting like he's playing the whole season) I will be very surprised if Manuel isn't under center in 8 days.

Maybe I am being unfair but if I am covering a football game on my network, I would try to get the name of the city showing the game correct.  It isn't Morgantown, Virginia and it isn't Morganton, WV.   Good job Fox Sports 1   <_<

Wife and I graduated from WVU and had season tickets until we moved several states away.  She was raging when I repeated "Morgantown, Virginia" to her.

The guys on ESPN giving Johnny Football shit for telling some Rice asswipe to look at the scoreboard are the worst. Had it been one of their favorites, they would have concentrated on the Rice guy and bitched about the ref throwing a flag on Manziel.

Olberman could combust tomorrow and his comeback would still be legendary after that complete evisceration of Pete Prisco. Probably the best eight minutes of ESPN all year.

His MLK/Satchel paige story a couple of nights go was pretty good too. . . .