DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact 1-16-14 - Genesis of McGullicutty

I cannot see them wanting Angle. How healthy is he? Seems more trouble than he could be worth, sad to say. On a similar note, would they sign Jeff Hardy back? He too seems like someone who is not worth the effort it takes to put up with. He has travel issues now due to his felony conviction but he is fairly popular.

Did not think Roode was that old but he could still put in a few good years. Roode, Magnus, Gunner, and maybe Storm or Aries.

Meltzer has said that Angle couldn't even get his calls returned by WWE last tine he sent out feelers (before signing his current contract).

Supposedly, there is still interest in Jeff if he wants to return (per Meltzer, anyways).  He'll be 37 this year and carries a lot of baggage, so I'd imagine his window is closing.

Man. This started off pretty well, and I actually really like Sassy Southern Heel Dixie. And then the beginning just...wouldn't end. And I stopped watching. 

Also, watched that Wolves contract signing video, and it already seems like they're going for Power Struggle V18 with a NEW INVESTOR. 

Man. This started off pretty well, and I actually really like Sassy Southern Heel Dixie. And then the beginning just...wouldn't end. And I stopped watching. 

Also, watched that Wolves contract signing video, and it already seems like they're going for Power Struggle V18 with a NEW INVESTOR. 

These investor angles are always so stupid. Unless the investor managed to buy at least 50% of the company (which even in kayfab I can't imagine The Carter's selling that much), it's a moot point and makes no sense. At worst, Dixie would still control 51% of the company so she could always overrule the investor.

When I was a kid, Boris Zhukov was one half of the AWA World Tag Team Champions.  Then he eventually showed up on WWF TV as part of the nothing happening Bolsheviks and my little kid mind had trouble understanding how he could've been a champion in one place and such a loser in another.

Much later on I learned that Zhukov got signed to the WWF under the condition that he not drop the AWA Tag Titles on the way out.  The AWA at the time was a far distant third to the WWF.

Fast forward to 2013-14.  TNA and ROH, domestically, are a distant 2 and 3 to WWE.  TNA's standard bearer for the entirety of the company's decade-plus history was walking around a free agent with their World Title and WWE didn't make a serious play for him.  Two of ROH's top guys had to pay for a try out just to get told that WWE has enough short workrate guys already.

If TNA goes under, nobody's getting a job with WWE right away and certainly not without having to eat a lot of shit first.  WWE has spent a fortune on their Performance Center and they're banking the future of the industry on people that are going to get all of their pro wrestling experience under the WWE banner.

• Like 1

Roode was between contracts last year while he was still one half of the TNA Tag Champs.  WWE didn't care.

Over the next couple of years, I think the odds of anybody over 25 and under 6' getting any kind of look from WWE are going to be slim.  They're going to want to produce guys out of the Performance Center quicker in order to tout it as being a success and justify the costs.  They want to shoot a guy like Mojo Rawley up the ladder so they can point to him as someone that left the NFL (sorta) and got molded from scratch into a WWE Superstar.