DVDVR Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
caley

True Detective

According to Variety, the leader of the Hoyt family will be played by

Spoiler

85henry_1_base.jpg?itok=1JGPLXva

I support this.

Maybe not a perfect season, but it will do, it will do.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Long shot, but is there any chance they’ve been able to keep a Rust Cohle cameo quiet? I’d dig it. 

I'm doubting it. I think the Marty/Rust connection is a red herring, and this case doesn't connect to the still out there pedophile ring from season 1. (Which leaves that open for a possible future season.) I think Lucy sold Julie to the Hoyts specifically to "replace" the daughter that died in 77.

My best guess is that Hays either has completely forgotten the deal he made to protect himself and family with Hoyt in 90, or decided at this age with creeping dementia he doesn't give a fuck anymore. Either way, the twist that he's actually been playing/using the documentary crew to get more information was brilliant.

Same thoughts as @Brian Fowler, I'm pretty sure he knew what happened and has just blocked or forgotten it over the years and the documentary makers is kicking it all up.

This might shock y'all but I've not enjoyed this as much as S2 even though I have been more engaged if that makes sense? 

4 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

This might shock y'all but I've not enjoyed this as much as S2 even though I have been more engaged if that makes sense? 

Season two had the fun of piling on every week. Can't take that away from it.