DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 1/17/14

victor

Yeah, the Usos are incredible. Not that I want Cody and Goldust to break up, but the Usos should probably win the tag belts at 'Mania and take the lead babyface role. I like their superkicks, too.

The Bray promo was so great. It's amazing the amount of backstory they throw into his character and promos. The stuff about Abigail, his father etc. The vagueness of it helps it all. So many promos have too much exposition. Like Jake Roberts, an effective heel promo from a creepy character should leave you confused and unsettled.

I also really liked The Shield promo. They have their characters down so well. They're not cartoonish heels (like a lot of guys are in WWE), they're really honest in their promos, and none of them pander to the fans in any way. Even Reigns, who we know is going babyface sooner than later, still acts like a mean motherfucker. I will weep if we ever have smiling Roman Reigns doing shit with Hornswoggle one day.  

• Like 1

The Shield, Bray and Punk/Kane promo's were all great.

I was already on board with HHH/Punk because I'm not sure where else either guy would fit in on the WM card, but the ending actually started to get me excited for the feud.  Punk taking the hard road should be a fun lead up.  It was probably Punk's best promo in a few months.  His schtick works so much better against the Authority than it did during the Heyman feud.

The Uso's have gotten alot better, but dammit their superkicks are awful. They only connect to the head about 10% of the time.  The others look like savate(for pro wrestling anyways) kicks. And as far as having a Somoan mystique, they don't seem quite as fearless as their predecessors.