DVDVR Message Board

General Lucha Libre Comments

Robert

Cubsfan posted ticket prices for Anniversario and they are, relatively speaking, low. Big hint that Rush/La Park is actually not happening which is mind blowing. They probably would have higher prices for Atlantis mask match as well regardless of his opponent unless it is going to be some weird cage match. But realistically speaking nothing has been built as viable main event so it is all very strange.

Or are we actually going to get that hot titles vs hair match between Guerreros and Klan Kaoz? Would be very CMLL thing.

I am freaking the fuck out about the main for The Crash tonight. Pete Dunne v. Daga v. Dragon Lee.  Plus you get the added bonus of Mustache Mountain v.  Bestia 666 and Mr. 450. That's a super fun top end of a card.

• Like 1

I've never seen the Solar/Sayama match they talked about on Informa but being as I just had surgery for a dislocated shoulder, if that happened to me in the ring and the other guy started yanking on my arm I would fucking kill him. How unprofessional. Hell, I just came back from physical therapy -- at this moment I totally feel like los Brazos should have shot on him haha

CMLL friday show was awesome and it is up on their youtube.

Rush/La Park talked the talk at the end, but nothing got announced. At this point they are either deliberately scamming the audience or they can only announce that match after Triplemania ends.

The Arena Mexico show on Friday was great! Easily one of the best Arena Mexico shows I've attended live, probably only behind the 2013/2014 Anniversaries (but ahead of the 2015 one & H2L this year). The Negro Casas ceremony was surreal live. We actually couldn't tell Dalys was an edecan at first (they were using big screen for video of whatever was airing on the feed instead of the dance number). I watched the CMLL edit and it didn't do it justice since they kept zooming out to show the crowd and missed Casas kicking his own grandchild. LOL Playfully! Don't wanna get the outrage police angry. Warrior Jr. being in the ring was funny as shit. He's not even family yet! The kids had their own mini fight at one point and one tried to escape the ring. Adorable. Speaking of... the notable missing things from the feed were Monito getting beat up and rolling across the ring while selling... a triple stage dive in Mistico/Caristico match... and lots of Rush/LA Park crowd brawling. They hit 3 out of the 4 corners of Arena Mexico at various points including taking rows of chairs out. It was awesome! The ground was literally shaking when they had their two stand-offs in the 3rd fall. Penta was super over and the cero miedo chants were really loud when Parka/Rush were taking breathers on the floor. Even though the show ran long by Friday standards and the metro was closing in 45 minutes - there was no mass exodus after the DQ. Everyone wanted to hear Rush/Park do mic work. Getting out after that was chaotic with the huge crowd though.

Opener was tremendous. Audaz/Templario are gold. Second match was worst of the night but still passable. Caristico was SO OVER! I regret not recording when his music hit because it was the 3rd loudest pop of the night after the two Rush/Park stand-offs. Legends match was what it was. No Ultimo Guerrero there to save things. Blue Panther is REALLY slowing down these days. Solar is shot and messed up a bunch of stuff. But the crowd being so into things saved it. Crowd chanted Casas' name so he'd come back out after he tried to leave so he returned to kiss some fans. Volador Jr. vs Taven was probably hated in these parts but live it was electric with the crowd buying into Tirantes' shtick. Huge pop when Volador won and the post-match angle... rare for CMLL... got a huge pop too.

There's nothing like Arena Mexico live but even moreso when it's full and Friday was so it was a great experience and nice bonus since originally I was just going down to see some indy shows on the Saturday. The Mexa show was really good for the first half we saw and I regretted not staying because the second half kicked ass too on video so I assume live would have been incredible. Instead we went to Pura Raza to see the ROH guys and that show not only bombed but the matches were hardly anything worth checking out. IWRG on Sunday was awesome though. I penciled that in as just a way to pass a few hours before my flight but almost every match was very good to excellent including a crazy Freelance vs Dragon Bane sprint that saw a ton of money thrown. Freelance almost took me out on a dive!

It really is a shame it doesn't appear Rush vs Park is in the cards. For this year at least. That would have gotten me to skip BOLA Night 1 but I just don't trust CMLL enough to keep my plans in flux so now I'm out of going to the Anniversary no matter what happens. Either way... can't see what they can do on 9/14 to top last Friday.

• Thanks 1

Should note... you all should watch Toxin vs Fly Star in their mask match from the Mexa Wrestling show. Legit MOTYC and an atmosphere unlike anything you'll see elsewhere. It's pretty violent though so if you're not into that you should avoid.