DVDVR Message Board

General Lucha Libre Comments

Robert

Weird Arena Mexico show tonight in the sense they seemed to lift all restrictions and guys were going all out from opener on. Thought the best match was the segunda with Felino's offspring as usual. Their matches with the Panthers are usually good to very good but due to card placement they are so limited it's hard to say excellent but I think this entered that territory with them not holding back and getting to fly around. Lots of Anniversary storylines moving forward. Weakest match was probably the Adonis six man but the post-match made up for it with a weird un-CMLL like moment that got real heat rather than the fake heat if you know what I mean. Rush vs Azul tried to be like Rush vs LA Park in the 3rd fall especially but at least they didn't have their usual awful match and did a clean finish.

Juice Robinson & Matt Taven are in next Friday. Perhaps others too.

Maximo and La Mascara, the Crash and other independents. They are saying "family members" would be in the corners for the AAA triplemania main event, so teasing they would be with Psycho Clown. 

Cant recall hearing much about Boby lately. 

• Thanks 1

This sounds completely bonkers, but Triplemania will be airing for free on Twitch this weekend. Pregame starts at 5pm CT, main show running from 7pm-12 midnight. Yes, a SEVEN HOUR SHOW.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Pete said:

This sounds completely bonkers, but Triplemania will be airing for free on Twitch this weekend. Pregame starts at 5pm CT, main show running from 7pm-12 midnight. Yes, a SEVEN HOUR SHOW.

I'm assuming the tag team tornado match will be about 3 hours!  

On a serious note,I really want this to not flop.  The last couple have been horrendous.  I'll admit I hadn't followed it terribly close, but seemed like any positive momentum came to a halt after the unfortunate death of Aguayo jr.  Follow that up with a shitty triplemania and it's been downhill ever since.  

Btw, what is Twitch?

36 minutes ago, iowanole said:

I'm assuming the tag team tornado match will be about 3 hours!  

On a serious note,I really want this to not flop.  The last couple have been horrendous.  I'll admit I hadn't followed it terribly close, but seemed like any positive momentum came to a halt after the unfortunate death of Aguayo jr.  Follow that up with a shitty triplemania and it's been downhill ever since.  

Btw, what is Twitch?

Live streaming site, mainly for gamer feeds and such. Lately they've started to branch out to streaming old shows like MMPR, Bob Ross, etc.

• Like 1

I didn't think it was that bad but I also enjoyed last year's main event. Surprised about the result but the right guy went over. The Wagner mask is legendary but dude is 52 and just probably made a shit tonne of money with his last big hurrah. We also got to see adorable Psycho Clown Jr. 

7 minutes ago, J.H. said:

I think this pisses me off more than when Blue Panther lost his mask!

James

Cant think of many things in recent lucha history that still anger me more than that decision. 

Used to love Wagner so much (Dr Alquimia is of course modeled after him) . 

25 minutes ago, Hector said:Goddamn, as if Wagner losing the mask wasn't big enough news for one night, Konnan apparently stole Rush away from CMLL.

Losing Rush and Pierroth is addition by subtraction for CMLL. 

Now, if Dragon Lee and Mistico go too, thats different 

36 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

I didn't think it was that bad but I also enjoyed last year's main event. Surprised about the result but the right guy went over. The Wagner mask is legendary but dude is 52 and just probably made a shit tonne of money with his last big hurrah. We also got to see adorable Psycho Clown Jr. 

There are actually TWO Psycho Clown Jr's! Both equally adorable. The mother is a Casas daughter. So those kids are gonna grow up to be the first generation Brazo/Casas wrestlers and will be the greatest of all-time without question.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Losing Rush and Pierroth is addition by subtraction for CMLL. 

Now, if Dragon Lee and Mistico go too, thats different 

I don't know about that. I think I'd rather have Rush being a headache backstage than have fucking Luciferno as a potential top five rudo in my company.

15 minutes ago, Omega said:

Fuck  Sexy Star she intentionally injured Rosemary

Sit on this one for 24 hours and then react. AAA loves to do weird shoot angles to trick the internet and it's not like the folks associated with GFW/TNA are any different.

The opening match was fun.  When you combine all of those elements you are not looking for a 5 star match.  It was fun and opened the show.  Divina clocking someone with a Sweet Chin Music was beautiful.  Mamba has a wicked lariat.  You got to see Big Mami fly.  It accomplished everything it needed to for an opening match.

The women's match was the literal shits.  Not just Sexy Star who went to rest 15 seconds into the match and sat outside for the entire match.  The person who offered her a drink.  LOL.  When shoot comments are not shoot comments.  Nobody worked together.  They all looked lost even with Sexy Star outside the ring for the entire match.

Aerostar.  Dude.  That leap will put the match on highlight reels forever.  

I know Jarrett was filming an angle for GFW and I hope it works out because all three guys looked like a steaming turd.  How drunk was Jarrett?

Giving away the unmasking of Wagner on Twitch was huge.  They had more than 55,000 people watching between the English and Spanish channels.  WrestleCircus was watching along with a few other wrestlers.  Let's hope this encourages some of the smaller orgs to put events on Twitch.  

At this point it seems Atlantis is that Atlantis is the last active fulltimer with a legendary mask to collect bounty on. I mean Santito retired, Mi; and Dos are both pretty much done... I can't think of another legend along those lines save for Atlantis

James

40 minutes ago, J.H. said:

At this point it seems Atlantis is that Atlantis is the last active fulltimer with a legendary mask to collect bounty on. I mean Santito retired, Mi; and Dos are both pretty much done... I can't think of another legend along those lines save for Atlantis

James

L.A. Park?