DVDVR Message Board

General Lucha Libre Comments

Robert

The other side of things, cubs, is that you watch this stuff differently than a lot of us do, basically, thanks to you. I'm going to watch this thing over the span of a week or so while watching other things, all sorts of other things and I'll drop in for three minutes here and six minutes there and then get out and come back later. You dive right in.

We appreciate your sacrifice each and every day, good sir.

I'd be down with UG against Volador, Jr. anyday.

They had a match on Cadena Tres last week that I really enjoyed, you should check it out.

Clipped version of Rush/Sombra/UG vs. Traumas/Eterno made me desperately want to see the whole match.

That's why I avoided it! That channel screwed me over on the January CaraLucha show by posting the AAA vs CaraLucha match and having random jumps so I gave up halfway and waiting for the BlackTerryJr version.

I did watch the Ninja Turtles vs Resistencia clipped version though because I'm not sure a full version will exist (BTJr arrived late) and the reports were correct - those guys KILLED IT! Such a fun match.

Clipped version of Rush/Sombra/UG vs. Traumas/Eterno made me desperately want to see the whole match.

That's why I avoided it! That channel screwed me over on the January CaraLucha show by posting the AAA vs CaraLucha match and having random jumps so I gave up halfway and waiting for the BlackTerryJr version.

Yeah, the jumps just killed it for me. Let me know when BTjr's version is up.

Just watched that 6-man - Rush and company are keeping alive maybe my favorite style of wrestling, and a style that's becoming non-existent - tough guys just beating the shit out of each other. Like, to me, it doesn't get any better than Jumbo and Tenryu unloading on each other, or Hashimoto and Tenryu, or Tenryu vs pretty much anybody, or Garvin and Flair. One of my frustrations with NJPW is that they've pretty much eliminated that style in favor of elaborately choreographed stuff (although I am a fan of Ishii and Shibata). God bless guys guys like Rush and Negro for giving me a style that would fit so well with my favorite old-school wrestling.

Some of the slaps sounded like gunshots in that match. Nobody was holding back. Loved the atmosphere. Not a single fan wasn't into it every single moment of that match. Imagine anyone saying wrestling isn't fun any more when matches like that are still taking place...

AAA: now that you're living in Mexico (and having great matches on the indies), we'd like to you use on our shows...

Ricky Marvin: that sounds good

AAA: ...as a Bengal tiger!

Ricky Marvin: [shrug] sure whatever

That's basically what he told me, anyway.

• Like 1

Oh, and another quick thing: I'm quite into my weekly Sin Limíte and I was wondering if Rey De Reyes will turn up, like Guerra de Titanes did, or if I should try and track it down on its own?

Anything that AAA airs on PPV or iPPV will eventually turn on TV. There was one year where they held off airing a TripleMania until their normal dead period at the end of the year, but otherwise it's always aired in the normal order of TV tapings.

Rey de Reyes should air on TV on 03/28 and 04/04, and will be up on their YouTube channel maybe a couple days later.

Watching the parejas increibles yesterday, I loved the moment where the switch suddenly flipped in Ultimo's head and he started doing combos and shit with Atlantis like they'd never broken up. So fucking cool. I've always thought that's a gimmick the WWE should do for a title tournament: set it up as a parejas increibles tourney where the winners face off for the title at the end.

• Like 1

I don't recall them trying to cook Alushe. I recall the Boricuas stealing Super Porky's pet pig, Pepe Pepe, and then during a match they had a tape recorder were they played the pig squealing and distracted Super Porky. I believe Pepe Pepe was cooked for the Villano III celebration feast after he took Super Astro's mask.

• Like 1

Depends. The indy scene seems to do OK but that main arena is a ghost town most weeks. It's a multiple promotions sharing the building - rare for Mexico - and the turnout seems to depend on which group is running the building that week. Even then, it's not as much promotion loyalty as better promotion and access to beter tools. That particular show as built up with on local TV (on non-wrestling TV shows) for weeks/months before it took place.

As a non lucha fan, I apologize for asking a common question. Where can I watch Rey de Reyes, it sounded interesting. I would also like to check out CMLL, but have no starting point.

go to one of the threads listing the weekly lucha Cubsfan has posted. Good place to start.

• Like 1

As a non lucha fan, I apologize for asking a common question. Where can I watch Rey de Reyes, it sounded interesting. I would also like to check out CMLL, but have no starting point.

If you're still wondering: Rey de Reyes is still on pay VOD internetvluchalibreaaa.com. It should start airing on AAA TV next weekend and show up on their YouTube channel some time later, but everything is in chaos on that at the moment.