DVDVR Message Board

General Lucha Libre Comments

Robert

• 3 weeks later...

CMLL gets often criticized for their booking, but this whole angle came together perfectly and nobody (well at least in English speaking side of the world) saw it coming. Rush was "feuding" with Kraneo and Volador/Flyer were in the finals only to give Templario/UG a good match. Nope. If things don't fall apart at some point then this will certainly be a big thing.

You know, looking back even that Rush/Terrible win against Volador/UG was kinda part of this.

So, what do y'all think are the chances they successfully keep this going for a mask vs. hair match at the Aniversario? I took a vacation to Mexico City last year that coincided with that show, and I'm considering maybe doing it for a second year in a row. It's such a wonderful city for food and art, and it'll def be a fun show to go to no matter what the main event is, but I feel like it actually being LA Park vs. Rush would really tip the scales for me.

I would say it's the logical main event right now. There was nothing really being set up and not many "anniversario main event" possibilities.

Of course, we have 4 months for Park or Rush to mess it up or cmll to do something with the booking. 

I guess it is safe bet that something fundamentally changed in CMLL's approach? You kinda could rationalize away La Park since Rush/La Park is huge money match and that both sides managed to come to some sort of agreement because, again, big money match. But Fenix and Penta aren't on that level and they are still supposed to work some AAA shows from what I understand.

56 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Thank you. I just LOLed for like a minute straight after reading that. 

I got through about 5 minutes of the actual match.  It was horrendous, even before the shitty over booking