DVDVR Message Board

General Lucha Libre Comments

Robert

I haven't been paying attention so it's my fault (SOMEWHAT! and I have to see that singles match for sure)

Now being 34, I am amazed at Super Astro actually doing a tope and landing on his hip after being just the owner of a torta spot for years. I think mine would probably explode and send shrapnel into the crowd

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, that was rad. Iron Kid could have bled more but Demus made up for it at the end. Those highspots were crazy (especially as you said the one at the start) and Demus working as like a cross between Abdullah the Butcher and Braun Strowman was cool. That finish was nas-tee. The guy with the drum in the crowd, is that a new thing or a Chilanga Mask thing? 

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, grilledcheese said:

Man, I love Dr. Wagner, but that was a motherfucker of an overblown finish. Too much going on.

All of the overbooking torpedoes were fired.  I liked the start of the overbooking with Hernandez playing confused with the chair shots then they went full Dusty.

AAA broadcast Guerra de Titanes on Twitch.

Lanzelot and Suicide were good. 

Faby went full heel.  She had a lot of heat. 

Escorpion better watch his car. 

OGT is so much fun to watch.  I love those guys.

I do like the cage design for AAA.  You can put it together pretty fast all things considering.

Mundo had a good run in AAA.  They played the anti-American card well.

Faby is going to be a great heel Women's champ if the match was any indication.  He had a ton of heat with her reactions.

I can't complain too much.  Free surprise Lucha on a Friday night is good for me.

• Like 1

Yeah, so while watching CMLL Arena Puebla livestream right now on youtube, I just realized that CMLL writes the card in the video description. 

Having the names there really helps me. :D

Also, is it just me, or are cubsfan's 2018 playlists all labeled as 2017? 

So having watched the Audaz/Pegasso/Rey Cometa vs Virus/Kawato/Misterioso  match a few things popped into my head:

1) I feel like the technico trio would make a good permanent team.

2) Virus vs Audaz will be a fun match when it happens

3) I swear Misterioso is auditioning for Mr. Niebla's role in the Peste Negra.  And considering Niebla's issues maybe a replacement is good idea.

CRASH started their NOLA announcements a bit late but at least they made a big one... Fenix vs Flamita first time on U.S. soil for their Friday noon show! That's gonna be one of the best matches that weekend for sure. Flamita doesn't make it to the U.S. often outside of PWG so this will be a great chance for people to see him against his best opponent. You know where I'll be!

AAA announced they will be showing 30 live events this year on Twitch (Spanish channel) and running the channel streaming historical content 24/7.

They did a live TV taping on Friday.

Faby was amazing once again going full rudo.  Ashley is the future of women's wrestling.

On 2/5/2018 at 12:30 PM, evilwaldo said:

AAA announced they will be showing 30 live events this year on Twitch (Spanish channel) and running the channel streaming historical content 24/7.

They did a live TV taping on Friday.

Faby was amazing once again going full rudo.  Ashley is the future of women's wrestling.

I’m watching something from 2011.  Psycho Circus wrestling.  Psycho Clown is pumping up the crowd at ringside while his partners are getting triple teamed, completely ignoring the match!  Haha

• Haha 1

On 2/6/2018 at 9:42 PM, iowanole said:

I’m watching something from 2011.  Psycho Circus wrestling.  Psycho Clown is pumping up the crowd at ringside while his partners are getting triple teamed, completely ignoring the match!  Haha

Things like that are why no one likes clowns.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, evilwaldo said:

On Saturday night, AAA's Instagram account welcomed back Blue Demon Jr.

I caught this on twitch.  Talk about an over booked hot mess.  It was Wagner Jr vs La Parka.  Blue Demon, Hernandez and Wagner's son came down and beat up everyone.  7 or 8 additional wrestlers (including Psycho Clown, Maximo and Mascara) came down and all got their asses kicked.  Wagner Jr sat outside the ring, yelling into a microphone and taking selfies.  No clue what he was saying.  My Spanish starts and stops at asking where the bathroom is.

• Like 1