DVDVR Message Board

General Lucha Libre Comments

Robert

Guys there were a million matches in Mexico this weekend and I can't even find the time to watch them all but I would suggest searching these out:

Black Terry/Skayde vs Fenix/Penta 0M from CRASH in Tijuana on Friday

Arkangel Divino vs Latigo from CRASH in Tijuana on Friday

Bandido/Wagner's kid/Sadico vs Terry 2000/Golden Magic/Emperador Azteca from AULL on Saturday

Dr. Wagner Jr. vs Blue Demon Jr. from the same show listed above

There was a tag with Dick Togo opposite Dr. Cerebro in Coacalco on Sunday which is just weird to see

And I haven't watched the Mephisto team vs Casas family title match yet

You know Matt, when you say stuff like that it makes me doubt you are truly going into Volador Jr. matches without a bias. :)

Another fun match I forgot to mention was the AAA TV opener this week. Just a rookies match with no-names but some very cool stuff and two professional rudos just making the tecnicos look like a million bucks which is sorely lacking from certain Mexican companies these days. Hijo de Vikingo has been on AAA twice, has stolen the show each time. Definitely a guy to keep an eye on. He's so light on his feet.

32 minutes ago, Robert said:

You know Matt, when you say stuff like that it makes me doubt you are truly going into Volador Jr. matches without a bias. :)

Another fun match I forgot to mention was the AAA TV opener this week. Just a rookies match with no-names but some very cool stuff and two professional rudos just making the tecnicos look like a million bucks which is sorely lacking from certain Mexican companies these days. Hijo de Vikingo has been on AAA twice, has stolen the show each time. Definitely a guy to keep an eye on. He's so light on his feet.

Hey, I like some Volador Sr matches?

There's a difference between preferences and biases.

Marco won the vacant CMLL Heavyweight Title tonight. Good for him. Probably a smart move with all the tourists now coming to the Friday night shows, even if most CMLL are mostly worthless. I guess this is one good thing to come out of the Alvarado mess. 

• Like 2

Sadly I think we're all gonna wake up to the news Universo 2000, the youngest of the Dinamitas, has passed away. All indication are he's in rough shape after a massive heart attack today. Horrible year for lucha libre.

On Wednesday, June 07, 2017 at 2:18 PM, odessasteps said:

Bios by cubsfan

Brazos history by Dr LUCHA

Gino in Houston by Matt

Is it dead tree or digital? If it's dead tree LMK how I can buy a copy!

You guys should keep an eye on my YouTube. Found an external drive with some weird random stuff I'm in the process of putting up. Couple cool rare things. Put up a great 2009 Hechicero vs Caifan match from local Monterrey TV that I'm honestly not sure had been out there yet b/c it's not from Fredo.

• Like 3

Sam Adonis working his Pro-Trump gimmick in CMLL

meet-the-american-pro-wrestler-who-plays

I am loving the impromptu rebirth of a single Gringo Loco, but I fear that Sam will be found dead in the shower with multiple stab wounds if he keeps this up for too long.

• Like 1

The crowd was friggin' molten hot for Volador Jr. in his match with Cavernario tonight. Matt would have been beyond annoyed. But if you're a WWE fan and want to see what a super babyface looks like & how fun a show can be when the crowd gets exactly what they want at the end you should check their match out on the CMLL YouTube account.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys I'm not even joking... the CMLL Universal tournament Block A was fucking great to watch live! 4 really good matches by my count - even DRAGON LEE VS LUCIFERNO! Crowd was so hot for Casas. 56 YEAR OLD NEGRO CASAS TOOK A SUNSET FLIP BOMB TO THE FLOOR IN A POINTLESS TOURNAMENT MATCH! LEGEND!

It was a great show.

Really good match for universal tournament block final between volador and casas.

earlier matches with hechicero v volador and casas vs dragon lee also worth watching. 

Edit: what rob said

Official Announcement: Queen's Championship AAA

The Director of Talent AAA , Vampire Canadian discloses that the Queen of Queens AAA Championship has been declared vacant .

The Queen of Queens AAA dates back to 1999 and has been in the hands of Xochitl Hamada ,World Champions, Mary, Faby and Lady Apache , Rossy and Esther Moreno ; With AyakoHamada and Taya being the most recent carriers.

More details on the destiny of the Championship crowning the best of the AAA Worldwide Women's Division will be revealed in the coming days .

===================

Apparently, AAA stripped Taya of her Queen of Queens title.

Taya was raving about how awesome it was to be going to RAW at the Staples Center on Twitter.  She was backstage.

The tweets have since been deleted.

Not the smartest move considering how hard her and Mundo are getting pushed at the moment.