DVDVR Message Board

General Lucha Libre Comments

Robert

Well, well, that was some ending.  Looks like the Green Guerreros are breaking up. I loved how Atlantis and Gringo stole roll-up pins while the rudos were busy beating the crap out of each other. 

Atlantis looked fat and slow. I wonder if he's hurt?  The rudos seemed pretty gentle with him. 

Watching the 3/31 CMLL on cubsfan channel. 

The opening minis match has a weird butt biting segment that goes on and on. 

Valiente submits Ultimo using some kind of standing figure four leg lock. It's pretty sweet. 

Matt Taven is a helluva heat magnet. He steals a fan's drink to throw at Rush. Then he climbs up and taunts the crowd. The fans  offer their drinks for Rush to throw back. It's a great sequence. Such simplicity, and it had the crowd going nuts. After building all that good will, does Rush turn heel? A rudo helps him cheat (Pierroth?). And then he dropkicks the ref to hell before cutting an angry sounding promo. 

Maybe I misunderstood. Perhaps it was some kind of tweener tantrum?

I graduated high school in 1992. If Rush's tight curls had been on a girl back then, I'd have found her very attractive.

Just turned on the Tuesday night live YouTube for CMLL. This trios match had Black Terry and Negro Navarro. 

Terry was born in 1952, the same year as my dad. I'm trying to picture my dad as a luchador. Or even a Memphis type.

Can't do it.

To make sure I understand:

Monday stream is Arena Puebla. Tuesday is Arena Mexico. That's essentially the same as Lawler running Memphis on Mondays and Louisville another night each week? 

Also, why were the IWRG old dudes on a CMLL show? 

Because they won the Arena Coliseo (cmll) tag belts. And this appears to be angle tonight to set them up defending them at somepoint in the future. 

But, its cmll, so who knows? We are still waiting for the Casases to get their trips title match from December(?).

• Like 1

I'm posting gifs everywhere today. Dataintcash just posted this match where Norman Smiley piledrives Vampiro to start and Pierroth has to come out to team with the WAR-esque Haku and Ultimo Dragon:

3lmqKx.gif

I can't even begin to express how much I love this little moment. Pierroth is coming down, still tying his mask. Haku has no idea what to make of any of this. It's the best.

I really liked it. Terry & Navarro looked amazing considering their age. Look at everything they could do compared to... well... I don't wanna open a can of worms... but that dead guy who is much younger than both of them but couldn't work his simple once-a-year match 2 Sundays ago. ;p I'm so happy they put Panther in there instead of the other Panther kid because otherwise the match would have been much worse.