DVDVR Message Board

General Lucha Libre Comments

Robert

I'm not sure where exactly he got hurt but it was definitely somewhere in the segunda. It is absolutely insane that he was able to hit the stuff he hit in the tercera while hurt. Yes, he was missing half a step in some of the set ups, but the fact he was hitting stuff, while hurt, that most guys couldn't hit in their prime is just the gutsiest, craziest thing. He did everything he could to make Cavernario's big moment matter. 

• Like 1

I think one of the bigger things we will remember from 2018 is how it was the year the bubble burst on so many legends.

Negro Casas is done at the level he had maintained for way longer than is humanly possible. He will still be around on a reduced schedule but working a softer and slower style.

Blue Panther can't travel much for health reasons and has no more stamina. He's settled into a behind the scenes role outside of rare matches.

Negro Navarro has to worry about his heart condition and is on strict orders as relates to how much activity he can do. Could barely get up and down on Friday.

Black Terry didn't get surgery on his shoulder which he needed. He's back working some shows after a long time off but he can't do much and one wrong bump will put him out again for months if not a year if not forever.

Atlantis finally got hurt after a career of being the iron man & of course it had to be his knee. He came back early which didn't help & has clearly struggled since. He's working in tons of pain and by all accounts just trying to tough it out until his son debuts so he can help him out and carry the load in matches.

Cien Caras wasn't exactly working regularly but he finally got pulled from ever being allowed to work in a CMLL ring again & hasn't done any indy shows either so read into that.

Solar can probably still move the best out of anyone listed but even he's dramatically slowed down from the guy we knew even a year ago & he was also completely gassed on Friday after just one fall.

It's kinda sad. It was inevitable at their ages but to all fall apart in the span of a year makes it worse.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't seen the wrestling this bad at Arena Mexico in a long time. That company needs a fresh face backstage who can either motivate the wrestlers or start making changes that forces them to work harder whether via incentive or some other way. There's a lot of shit wrestlers on the roster but even the somewhat capable guys have just given up lately.

7 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I was watching some old WCW before and it got me wondering what Juvi's been up to. Can anyone recommend some semi-recent matches of his that might be worth tracking down?

He wrestles in NXT under the name Shayna Bazler.  

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I was watching some old WCW before and it got me wondering what Juvi's been up to. Can anyone recommend some semi-recent matches of his that might be worth tracking down?

He's a mess. He does DJ stuff & sometimes runs his own terrible shows when he can find someone to pay for them. I believe his last show had him, a woman & a mystery partner vs Steve Pain, a woman & a mystery partner in the main event and they just did a tag with no mystery people and no announcement why. The shows only exist so Juvy can feel like he's still a star. He gets the occasional international bookings for nostalgia sake but always leaves a bad impression. Last year he didn't work on WM weekend because he refused to take the medicals to get licensed.

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Like a year ago or earlier this year he had a match against Sami Calihan in AAW that was alright. 

• Like 1

• RIPPA locked and unpinned this topic