DVDVR Message Board

General Lucha Libre Comments

Robert

Kinda crossposting from another thread since it is relevant for Lucha as well:

NJPW/CMLL released a list of wrestlers that are going to appear on FantasticaMania:

Atlantis, Místico, Caristico, Volador Jr. , Dragón Lee, Titán, Ángel de Oro, Soberano Jr., Flyer (NJPW debut), El Audaz (NJPW debut), Atlantis Jr. (first match!), Último Guerrero, El Terrible, Gran Guerrero, Bárbaro Cavernario, Sansón, El Cuatrero, Forastero (NJPW debut), Okumura, Templario (NJPW debut)

Rush won't be here, might be that they are going to restart Rush/La Park feud by that time? And big news is that Atlantis kid gets his first match (as Atlantis Jr.) on this tour. I wonder if he is any good? Either way probably a safe bet that he'll become main eventer in CMLL very fast regardless of how good he is.

I know that Atlantis Jr. has wrestled with different name in Mexican indies, is he any good?

He's young... really green. I'm sure they will protect him. If he does tags with his dad I assume it will be against Ultimo Guerrero/Gran Guerrero who will make him look way better than he probably actually is. Kinda like how Santo doesn't let his kid wrestle against anyone, only his friends who know their role is to make him look good.

I think Rush skipped out to take U.S. bookings during that time period.

• Thanks 1

Thought Titan vs Cuatrero from CMLL last night was one of the better CMLL matches this year. Incredible finish. That & Sanson vs Templario are the matches to check out from this week's Dia de Muertos show. Oh and of course MICRO MAN!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, SouderDrew said:

Been watching a lot of current lucha the past couple of days. I want to check out trio matches from  Nueva Generacion Dinamitas, so what are some good matches to check out? Thanks!

As a trio or individually? 

On the bright side, the tribute show was last night and was a packed house. Plus, Rob said he raised a good number of donations that will be given to his family tomorrow.

but then, if you read the thing on Facebook Angel did (Fredo translated on his twitter feed), you can see how clueless and pathetic the guy is, 

Fenix vs Cavernario tonight was lunacy. Pretty sure the June match was better overall (though some disagree) but tonight they went all out with the insanity and it looked like Fenix was legit hurting at the end which caused it to end abruptly. Still a super high end Arena Mexico match & cements Cavernario as the MVP CMLL wants.

The main event was also really good with the MA2K/NGD foursome vs Guerreros + new member Templario. I loved it.

On 11/21/2018 at 8:32 AM, SouderDrew said:

Mostly trio matches, but I'm up for individual matches, too. I've seen the few single matches that Robert mention a few posts back I plan on checking out.

This year, by far my fav has been 5/18 vs. Mistico, Soberano, & Angel de Oro. Other fun ones: 1/6 vs. Drone, Guerrero Maya, & Esfinge; 2/15 in Lucha Memes vs. Iron Kid, Alas de Acero, & Aramis; 6/1 with UG replacing Cuatrero vs. Mistico, Caristico, & Flyer; 6/8 vs. Audaz, Titan, & Soberano, 8/31 vs. the Casas fam,  their Aniversario match (9/14 vs Atlantis, Mistico, & Soberano).

They also had a really terrific run in October of last year.

2 hours ago, Matt D said:

From a weekend show:

3) Sangre Azteca b Metálico [lightning]
money thrown in

I'm fascinated by the idea money was thrown in for that specific match.

I love Metalico, but can’t imagine him having a match worth throwing money.

On 11/24/2018 at 8:24 AM, Robert said:

Fenix vs Cavernario tonight was lunacy. Pretty sure the June match was better overall (though some disagree) but tonight they went all out with the insanity and it looked like Fenix was legit hurting at the end which caused it to end abruptly. Still a super high end Arena Mexico match & cements Cavernario as the MVP CMLL wants.

The main event was also really good with the MA2K/NGD foursome vs Guerreros + new member Templario. I loved it.

Has anyone done detective work and found out at what point Fenix was injured? I don't know, I liked the match, but this was really a bit too much on "gonna die if this goes wrong" spots for me and I was not surprised that one of them ended up being injured.