DVDVR Message Board

General Lucha Libre Comments

Robert

CRASH streamed their show last night on facebook. It's still up and should be up forever. The opener was insane and must-see as most CRASH openers. Daga vs Hechicero was real good, as was Rey Horus/Soberano Jr. vs CIMA/T-Hawk. My favorite match was the Rebellion vs NGD trios. Skip the women's garbage & main event debacle. I dunno hwo you false advertise a guy for a month & then decide to make it up to the fans with a cheap main event complete with silly turn setting up nothing.

• Like 1

@thecubsfan, I was watching a Triplemanía Xiii on the AAA twitch channel and there was a cluster fuck of a match between Konnan and Vampiro.  It seemed like the entire match was 3 on 1, and some of the work looked intentionally sloppy when they were working over Vampiro.  Can you give a little insight on that match and if there was some shoot going on? 

I think it's possible I've never watched that match - that was from when Galavision wasn't always airing both AAA & CMLL and I wasn't making a special effort to track down AAA at that point - but it looks like it was mostly normal AAA sloppiness + an attempt to be intentionally stiff to get over the 'real'-ness of the feud between Vampiro & Konnan.

• Thanks 1

On 9/12/2018 at 7:47 PM, ka-to said:

Anniversario will also be shown on Samurai TV starting 9/30. 

It is also available on Ring of Honor Honor Club I believe

Looking at the card, I can't imagine Rush and Cavernario is going bald in the hair vs hair tag match so Matt Taven bald is going to look weird tonight

While Casas anniversary show on paper had much better card, I actually ended up enjoying this more. They fucked up their main event, but everyone had their working boots on and, in my opinion, over delivered. Well asides of El Clan, no fucking idea what CMLL sees in them. Is one of them best friends with UG or something? Because this whole angle is baffling to me. Also, loved that at the end Cavernario was holding Taven's leg and he is like dude, its ok, I'm on your side. And well Cavernario, every single feud that he lost now probably does not matter any more. While Rush ended the match for obvious reasons it was still Cavernario's night.

Another thing that I don't get is why Taven is not in Gran Prix, crowd would probably go nuts for Volador/Taven stand off. But probably safe to guess (as safe as anything can be in CMLL) that few months later, when their hair grows back, they'll do Volador/Tave hair vs hair match?

Taven held his own in the Anniversary main event in what I would argue was the biggest match of his life. 

Spoiler

I think Taven's turn was in part set up when he "accidentally" hit Volador with a dive mid-way through the third fall, although the commentators missed it. Two, he also seemed to give up rather quickly to the Cavernaria for an apuestas match.

To give more credence to last night being Cavernario's night, he was the one who got the clippers to shave Volador. It makes sense from Rush's perspective because this wasn't the real apuestas match he wanted, and because Rush is just a prick in general.

• 3 weeks later...