DVDVR Message Board

General Lucha Libre Comments

Robert

27 minutes ago, Robert said:

Stuka Jr. vs Hechicero from tonight's CMLL show was great! A great match on a Tuesday! Only second time this year! Actually if you disliked Friday's CMLL show you should watch tonight. It was strangely good.

Great... Except the result. :(

Hey guys I’m new Here been a big cmll fan for 8 years ?

stuka/hechicero was a great match with a huge surprise result. Hechicero has had two great singles matches in a week. He builds matches so well. I know a lot of people won’t like the result but I’ve always had a soft spot for Stuka, he’s the underdog that sometimes pulls it off. I remember him winning the Reyes del aire out of nowhere and it was awesome! I’ll always be a mark for that splash ? 

thought it would be fun to speculate on the anniversario main event anyone? Some think it’s gonna be a cage but I think cmll are just waiting for triple mania to be out the way to announce l.a park maybe?

• Like 1

I think CMLL is waiting until after Triplemania to formally announce Park vs Rush. If they officially advertise it, and then AAA gives Park the same amount of money they gave Wagner to drop his mask last year, Park's hair is way less of a draw.

4 hours ago, Dewar said:

I think CMLL is waiting until after Triplemania to formally announce Park vs Rush. If they officially advertise it, and then AAA gives Park the same amount of money they gave Wagner to drop his mask last year, Park's hair is way less of a draw.

CMLL will announce it's lineup next Wednesday, before TripleMania. So it's probably for some other reason.

Okada actually got an entrance video, something CMLL doesnt always bother doing for visitors.

Didnt look like he was jaking it tonight. Dont know why Azul got in his face after the match.

Azul was already on my shitlist tonight for manhandling Casas in what I would call a clumsy or sloppy way.

6 hours ago, iowanole said:

So at this point, every match on Triplemania is a multi person match, with the exception of Lady Shani/Faby Apache match.  Why does AAA insist on getting in their own way and making the top of the card such a shit show?  

They want to get everyone on the card? Thou it obviously it is a good question why they then add people like Jarret and Swan who don't really have anything to do with them and probably aren't selling any tickets either.

9 hours ago, Archibald said:

They want to get everyone on the card? Thou it obviously it is a good question why they then add people like Jarret and Swan who don't really have anything to do with them and probably aren't selling any tickets either.

Jarret is because of family connections which go way back.  It is complicated.  I am sure he was the one pulling strings to get AAA into Impact before he left to enter rehab.  It looks like AAA is helping him out here.  Since they are working with Impact it makes sense to have some Impact guys on the card.

It is like Wrestlemania, everyone on the roster wants to be on the biggest card of the year so they cram it full of multi-person matches.

Here is the card from Wikipedia, before it gets pulled down because wrestling is rigged and you cannot believe any of it so the card and moves cannot be verified because of the 'integrity of wikipedia.' 

Triplemania 26 wiki

I have more of a problem with El Patron being on the card.  Like WTF?  I know they are close as well but he has not been on tv at all.  

Faby and Shani should be a great match.  Same for OGT and MAD.  I am interested to see who gets the Mixed Tag Titles.

One day I'll explain why Jeff Jarrett keeps returning to AAA but today is not that day unless the sleaze thread makes a return. There is no family connection... haha

Dorian almost bought Impact at one point and still wants to own it some day to make his mark outside of Mexico.

Triplemania has never been about getting everyone on the show until last year. Many years people were left off because there was no room. This year 100% it's just get everyone and their family on the show. As I said on twitter... if you are on the AAA roster and can't get a spot on this year's lineup you should re-think your career options.

Alberto wrestling is not confirmed. We'll find out tomorrow. Him vs Wagner would be a thing but maybe AAA doesn't want that added expense for no reason.

12 minutes ago, Robert said:

One day I'll explain why Jeff Jarrett keeps returning to AAA but today is not that day unless the sleaze thread makes a return. There is no family connection... haha

Well, we know Jerry Jarrett was friends with Salvador Lutteroth (or so he says on podcasts)....

I don't know how anybody follows CMLL religiously when it's booked this fucking backwards. I know it's not for the first time, but they've built up the Park/Roosh match so much this year and are now going to cheap out. 

When it's how it's always booked year in and year out, you learn to just enjoy the matches. It's basically the only new source of traditional three-fall Lucha Libre that we get regularly. If you never get your hopes up and manage expectations, it's fine.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

I don't know how anybody follows CMLL religiously when it's booked this fucking backwards. I know it's not for the first time, but they've built up the Park/Roosh match so much this year and are now going to cheap out. 

It's what the 3rd time in 20 years where the Anniversary show was swerved until the next year? Atlantis/V3, Atlantis/UG and this year? 

For all its many issues, I will still take CMLL over AAA or the Crash or random indys.

• Like 1

Yeah, the sad thing is, CMLL is still booked better than AAA somehow. Holy shit. I wish it were easier to watch The Crash because I'll take a PWG approach to lucha libre over the CMLL/AAA approaches. I enjoy the odd highly regarded match of CMLL, particularly since they've brought in those great outside talents, but I just can't get into it that much knowing nothing really matters and they'll constantly shit on their fans. Same reason I rarely, if ever, watch WWE.

See, CMLL is only the current thing I watch, a part from random indy lucha match involving certain people (hechicero, cats, traumas, now zeuxis, a few others). 

And I went from watching all the streaming shows to picking and choosing those matches and usually watching Friday night depending on if I am working or not. 

CMLL is a family business and the family lives in a bubble. Their profit margin is so low it's ridiculous so they never have to do anything they don't want to do. Once in a while you'll get someone who tries to shake things up & that person will get somewhere for a while until the old guard steps in and shuts it down in order to keep the normalcy (& their easy jobs). You can view that either way. The company has existed 85 years doing it that way & the only time they were even in the slightest trouble was when they were sabatoged from the inside (AAA formation). Which is why they don't play well with others & why new non-family members of the office are practically non-existent.

11 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Does anyone really follow it religiously asides of people writing about Lucha on twitter? I just watch Friday shows with some select matches from other days if they get positive buzz like Hechichero/Stuka Jr.

Does it suck that rarely something big happens? Yes. Does it suck that CMLL scams their audience from time to time? Yes. But even with those drawbacks it somehow ends up delivering solid shows on weekly basis and as said before, there is no easy to access alternative that provides similar style of wrestling.

So full card got announced and I have mixed feels here. On one hand I like Cavernario and I think it is cool that he'll get to be in main event... on the other hand I also like El Terrible and due to his age this was probably his last chance to get that big spotlight. I honestly hope that he somehow can play a part in main event despite his injury, maybe pull out the ref at some point or something like that.

On a positive note, this was clearly being planned way back when Rush/Terrible won that tag team tournament and El Terrible joined Ingobernables. So while CMLL scammed us all, you can't really say that they don't have any long term booking plans either.

Edit: But then, from what I gather El Terrible is already back and wrestling in indies? So why the fuck he is not on CMLL?

Speaking of CMLL scamming us, they wouldn't have Cavernario and Rush lose and then have Rush refuse to shave his head because he ripped up the contract or some such, right? (Protects Volador. Builds Rush's hair up as even more important for the next time it's up. Fans still get their scalp with Cavernario, etc.). This is Mexico. They don't do that in Mexico, right?