DVDVR Message Board

General Lucha Libre Comments

Robert

6 hours ago, GojiColin said:

Here's hoping Puma is able to make a name for himself in all the hot indy spots like Petna and Fenix.  Plus Puma in Lucha Underground would be sweet.

Puma King to replace Prince Puma? ;)

• Like 2

On 7/16/2018 at 3:33 PM, odessasteps said:

Puma has left CMLL to be an independent. 

The hot indy scene in the US means money and for a lot of these guys it is a chance to cash in on a long career.  AAA got everyone exposure through Impact and Lucha Underground.  CMLL got caught without an outlet but now it looks like they are working with ROH.  

Then this happened.  La Parka just shows up on his motorcycle.

Incase you were all ever wondering how behind the times a lot of wrestling fans are in Mexico - there are quite a few who think him showing up like that and arguing with Electro Shock was 100% legit & the AAA vs ELITE beef is real. Seriously.

16 hours ago, Robert said:

Incase you were all ever wondering how behind the times a lot of wrestling fans are in Mexico - there are quite a few who think him showing up like that and arguing with Electro Shock was 100% legit & the AAA vs ELITE beef is real. Seriously.

If they are working the angle so well people actually believe it is real then mad props to everyone involved.  They are doing a great job selling the angle.  

They did it in 2010 and drew a full house. And in 2013 did Sombra/Volador when everyone expected Atlantis/UG. Never underestimate how cheap CMLL can be & how little they care about the perception of what they do.

I was looking around at random, and I saw what looked to be some sort of feud between Zorro and Pentagon?   Given how much I loved Zorro during my AAA watching years ago, and like Penta a lot these days, can anyone tell me if this happened and what the background of it is?  Can Zorro still go?

Zorro is running a (about) once a month indie promotion in Monterrey called Kaoz. He's bringing in Penta on an upcoming show, so they have not wrestled yet. They're not putting video online, so it's only visible if other people post clips.

I booked a weekend trip mainly to see the indy shows on 8/4 (Mexa Wrestling w/ Fenix vs Titan, Bandido/Flamita teaming & other stuff + Pura Raza with Chris Daniels vs Hechicero & Briscoes vs Volador Jr/Rey Cometa) and accidentally stumbled onto the most loaded Arena Mexico show of the year the night before! I still can't believe it. Already got my tickets (they didn't even raise prices!) FYI Front row is $20 US.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Robert said:

I booked a weekend trip mainly to see the indy shows on 8/4 (Mexa Wrestling w/ Fenix vs Titan, Bandido/Flamita teaming & other stuff + Pura Raza with Chris Daniels vs Hechicero & Briscoes vs Volador Jr/Rey Cometa) and accidentally stumbled onto the most loaded Arena Mexico show of the year the night before! I still can't believe it. Already got my tickets (they didn't even raise prices!) FYI Front row is $20 US.

Between this and Anniversary weekend, you guys will be seeing a bunch of good stuff.

On 7/27/2018 at 12:50 PM, Matt D said:

I'm not sure if I've been as excited for anything wrestling-wise this year than Rush and the Briscoes teaming. 

Until you showed me this rediscovered match