DVDVR Message Board

General Lucha Libre Comments

Robert

LA Park catches a Rush tope con hilo with his FUCKING HEAD! And in the first fall he almost blows out his hamstrings going into the front row. Absolutely insane, and the non-finish totally worked. I agree with Robert on it being my Mexico MOTY as of right now. LA Park is also running away with Best Box Office Draw for me, as some of the pictures on Twitter of the Arena Mexico box office for last night's match are impressive.

This is the Mexican version of Gargano/Ciampa with the sheet hatred these two project in their matches against each other, minus the WWE cinematic feel. 

Yeah that was damn good.

Spoiler

Park losing it at the end and just hitting Rush over and over, whacking him with the stretcher, whipping him with that cord while he has the crowd throwing drinks at him and security trying to back him off is the best. The apuestas should be even better than this, and I sincerely hope Rush loses his hair, he's such a skeezy poseur that totally deserves to be cueballed. Speaking of image, Rush's bacne clearly out-grosses Park's hanging gut in this one

Love Park going back to the old look. He is enormous now but still worked his ass off.

If/when they run the apuestas, I'd be shocked if he didn't cash in the mask... and yet, this feud clearly has legs, and Rush can always grow his hair back.

Well there is always the question with older guys how long can they really go before cashing in. La Park still manages to deliver when he wants to, but on the other hand we got Atlantis who is only couple of years older and it looks like small injury fucked him up badly that he now does only bare minimum in his every match. Sooner or later La Park is bound to break down, especially with some of the crazy spots that he is now doing.

If he doesn't lose mask now then you kinda have to ask when would be better time for him? Would people still care as much about La Park/Rush II next year? And from what I have seen Rush is his best opponent so there really aren't many viable alternatives for him to get these crazy matches going with big potential payout. I think that one thing many are kinda ignoring in these discussion is CMLL itself, I assume that Rush isn't going to pay for La Park's mask and CMLL might be unwilling to do it either if they can't lock down Rush for good. I remember there being some discussion about financials side of last Triplemania and if AAA actually earned anything from that show due to Wagner's mask and thats something CMLL might also be cautious about, especially since La Park probably wants more money than Wagner got, even if by 1$.

Last thing, why call it Mexico MOTY? This whole thing has been pretty great and, in my book, can be easily considered feud of the year regardless of country or promotion.

• Like 1

I mean I added the Mexico caveat just b/c I'm on the fence with that or Sombra vs Gargano for overall MOTY right now. As for feud... I think it's a no brainer. Both the work and numbers back it up. If we manage to get all the way to the record breaking Arena Mexico stip match it's gonna be an all-timer.

When it comes to financials AAA/CMLL aren't really comparable b/c AAA had many costs CMLL doesn't (i.e. a building). CMLL has an endless money pit & can afford any price set but they usually don't b/c they don't need to cave to anyone's demands. Like I've pointed out many times - CMLL's break even is miniscule. That's why they can do Niebla Roja/Gran Guerrero with 3 weeks build, draw 13,000 at slightly elevated prices & that's an enormous profit for them. Why waste it all on caving to someone's demands? So the fact this entire Rush/Park deal is even happening clearly indicates something has been worked out already & it's a favor to Rush (who is family of the office). Also, LA Park has a personal tie to Rush's family hence why Rush's dad could use the Pierroth gimmick without LA Park beating the living fuck out of him legit. I'm not saying this is 100% locked in but right now it's 100% locked in within the minds of CMLL & the participants. But then again Park/Wagner/CMLL were 100% locked in on a tag match at the 2015 Anniversary to setup a possible mask match in 2016 & we all saw how fast that went off the rails.

Personally I'm gonna be rooting for Park to win. If Rush is anything like his dad his hair will grow back just fine and very quickly. Then you use Park winning to set in motion a plan of Park vs Atlantis for the 2019 Anniversary. One of those two unmasking for sure would break whatever record Rush/Park are going to set this year. Atlantis is done when he loses his mask b/c he looks like an old man but he won't lose until his son has his career under way properly and that won't be until 2019. And I think once Wagner lost his mask, Park suddenly had the realization that it's time to do business. He's not a mark for the big match, he's a businessman. So smart business seems to be get that Triplemania payoff, get that Anniversary payoff & cash your mask in against the legendary guy who has a history of record breaking gate prices. Not to mention in the meantime his son gets established as an Arena Mexico top guy (even if he isn't wrestling like one).

This should be the end of the build though. Park is away from Arena Mexico until August according to current plans. CMLL will announce the Anniversary show/prices likely when the World Cup ends since nobody is paying attention right now. I'm curious to see how they phrase everything since in theory Park has a mask match already on 8/25 but CMLL is not gonna go out of their way to hype it.

• Like 1

Then in 2020 Atlantis cashes in his mask and puts someone over really hard that could potentially launch some long term rivalry for his son (something that AAA should have done after Triplemania instead of going with Wagner/Son program, but probably thats what Wagner wanted), only question mark is his health and would he be able to carry couple of big feuds in next two years.

Not to mention in the meantime his son gets established as an Arena Mexico top guy (even if he isn't wrestling like one).

Considering how much "premium time" Park's son got I expect Atlantis Jr. to be permanent main eventer unless he is really terrible.

I am watching the AAA Twitch stream right now, and La Parka Negra just showed up during one of the "Sin Mascara" segments. Who is under the hood right now? Is it still Ultimo Gladiador/ Demon Rocker? I have only just barely followed AAA recently, so I don't know if Parka Negra has been on TV at all.

They put Angel Mortal Jr. under the outfit a few months ago. He hadn't been on TV a whole lot before then - you might have seen him in the rookies matches at TripleMania - but he's pretty good. Ultimo Gladiador left AAA and is working indies now.

• Thanks 1

So I just noticed that a few weeks ago Mas Lucha put up the full version of Ricky Marvin vs. Cavernario from April (there had been a JIP version up, this adds like two minutes, but it's a good first two minutes) and it's fucking awesome! Ricky is absolutely not having any of caveman's shit.

• Like 1