DVDVR Message Board

General Lucha Libre Comments

Robert

• 3 weeks later...

Thoughts on Rey de Reyes.  AAA can afford pyro but WWE cannot.   :lol:

Kudos to theguy wearing the Iron Maiden shirt behind the announcers.  Up the Irons dude.

Estrella Divina coming out to help Faby while wearing Camo and a Red Ribbon Army patch.  Wonderful

The first Rey de Reyes semifinal was great.  Everyone looked strong, including Pimpi.  Vampiro getting cut off for Pimpi’s entrance was hilarious.

The second semi final was great.  The guys did  great job flying around the ring. 

Vampiro not being able to talk became a Road Runner/Acme spot.

Angel Mortal Jr.  coming out to Rammstein.  Yes please. 

The TLC match was brutal, but great.  Wow.  Just wow.  They were throwing money in the ring afterwards.

Great job by Vampiro explaining the Wagner feud and how the Clowns got involved.

Awesome payoff of the Escorpion/Dave the Clown handshake in the opening match.

The 8 man tag was not a complete mess.  They kept the focus on the Wagner family feud which is where it should be.

The last match was good.  Not completely overbooked.

All around great show tonight.  I think they made a lot of fans on Twitch tonight.  They even read the sub names between matches.

Great job by Vampiro explaining the Wagner feud and how the Clowns got involved.

It was an explanation of an imaginary story. Just shows how even the guy in charge has no idea what is going on.

It's cool you liked the show but I don't think it was as great as you are trying to portray. It was the usual AAA mess.

15 hours ago, evilwaldo said:

Thoughts on Rey de Reyes.  AAA can afford pyro but WWE cannot.   :lol:

Kudos to theguy wearing the Iron Maiden shirt behind the announcers.  Up the Irons dude.

Estrella Divina coming out to help Faby while wearing Camo and a Red Ribbon Army patch.  Wonderful

The first Rey de Reyes semifinal was great.  Everyone looked strong, including Pimpi.  Vampiro getting cut off for Pimpi’s entrance was hilarious.

The second semi final was great.  The guys did  great job flying around the ring. 

Vampiro not being able to talk became a Road Runner/Acme spot.

Angel Mortal Jr.  coming out to Rammstein.  Yes please. 

The TLC match was brutal, but great.  Wow.  Just wow.  They were throwing money in the ring afterwards.

Awesome payoff of the Escorpion/Dave the Clown handshake in the opening match.

The 8 man tag was not a complete mess.  They kept the focus on the Wagner family feud which is where it should be.

The last match was good.  Not completely overbooked.

All around great show tonight.  I think they made a lot of fans on Twitch tonight.  They even read the sub names between matches.

I'm not sure which show you were watching, but the one I watched didn't come close to "great".  It's pretty much the regular cycle of me getting burnt by AAA every time I try to give it a shot,  The whole thing top to bottom is a mess and Vamp makes the McMahon's step back and go "Ok man, that many apperances is a bit excessive."  

So apparently the AAA twitch library consists of 2003 and 2011, nothing in between.  My inability to speak Spanish and the 8 year gap make it a little challenging to piece together the puzzle.  The one thing I have been able to figure out is that it doesn’t matter if its 2003, 2011 or 2018, EVERYTHING in AAA is overbooked.

• 3 weeks later...

The Bandido/Flamita vs. Fenix/Horus match from the wrestlecon show was nuts. Horus hit a very gnarly tope at the end of the match and smoked the guard rail. Guys were going all out even though there was some awkwardness. Fun, fun!

Well that was fun to watch. Match itself wasn't of very high quality, but atmosphere was there and it felt like a big deal. I wonder if second round finish was a botch? It looked like there was some confusion for couple of seconds, but I liked it even more that way. Mistico going full heel is best for business.

Also, I can't speak Spanish at all and know only few words, but it looked like commentary team was referencing Ingobernables a lot. So yeah, I'd love full heel Mistico in Ingobernables. Rush, Terrible and Mistico. Thats a cool trio.

Sadly, I doubt you can have the team with Pierrot/Bestia, so I doubt you would get either that team or a Munoz Brothers version as a regular trio. 

That would also be the second accidental mask pull in the last few weeks, as Maya did it on Tiger not that long ago. 

I'm just going on the record of being super excited for Kraneo's technico turn.  There's so many fun match ups they can run now, but knowing CMLL they'll run a Kraneo vs Bestia feud and suck all the fun out of it.

Heck if I was an Indy promoter I'd book Kraneo/LA Par-K/Anyone vs Munoz Brothers

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 7:28 PM, paintedbynumbers said:

I have a friend who works for CMLL and I never realized how cool their merch was.  Their official site doesn't seem to sell it but I got a pic from arena de mexico and damn they have some cool shirts.

Sounds like you need to start a side hustle importing CMLL gear!

29 minutes ago, GojiColin said:

So I'm definitely hoping the Chikara/Lucha Memes collaboration leads to some teams showing up at King of Trios.

Bucanero is already part of that pirate trio. 

Maybe they could do puma, tiger, felino or the Panthers. 

Ledesma uses the term working agreement very loosely so we'll see what comes of it besides Quack doing a match at some point. He's claimed working agreements with New Japan when Yoshitatsu worked one show against his will & even WWE when Regal/Sarah showed up to watch a show while in Mexico on other business. But does he really having working agreements with them? Obviously not.

On 4/18/2018 at 9:50 AM, paintedbynumbers said:

that would be fun if there is a demand.  Shirts are only like $25 there too so not too expensive. If you are anyone are ever interested let me know and I'l make it happen.

At the very least I am curious to know what is available. If you have a list, shoot me a PM.