DVDVR Message Board

General Lucha Libre Comments

Robert

SABÍAS QUÉ...
Un día como hoy pero de 1978 debutó en Gómez Palacio Durango, El Cachorro quien posteriormente cambió su nombre por Blue Panther y el cuál se convirtió en uno de los luchadores más emblemáticos de la historia.
¡¡¡Muchas felicidades por estos 39 años de carrera al "maestro lagunero"!!!

Happy Anniversary blue panther

I subbed to Konnan's patreon this month just to see last week's CRASH show since the usual video guys didn't attend & only clipped versions are coming out (unless it airs on TV eventually?). Totally worth the sub just to see Fenix vs Flamita. They had a great match a few weeks earlier in San Luis Potosi & just one-upped it here. Materful stuff, easy pick for my MOTY in Mexico so far.

It's crazy they don't hype it more that the patreon has unedted CRASH footage because up until recently I was just under the impression they were linking to versions other people filmed on YouTube. But they have their own hard cam setup which is a much better view than the guy sitting second row usually shooting over someone's head or unable to follow action when it leaves the ring.

• Like 1

I thought Marco vs Rush was a blast. I haven't seen a ton of Puebla this year but that's probably the hottest I've seen that crowd in forever. It got a little too Tirantes-y at the end, but even that was fine because Rush deserved it for being Rush. Marco was on fire at times. His punch is just a great comeback/revenge tool. And blood. I'm not sure it would have held up relative to Rush's best indy brawls with Park from the last year or two, but as a CMLL match it really stood out to me.

4 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

How'd they get away with blood? Hardway? Or is that only an Arena Mexico thing? 

No idea. It COULD have been hardway. I wasn't expecting the beginning. I thought it was enough that Rush was being a dick during the pre-match photo to get heat. Then they really leaned into it though. Rush played it up big and at one point was trying his damndest to get a cameraman to come over so he could show off the blood and eat it. The cameraman wouldn't do it. I half thought we'd hear about punishments/suspensions coming out of this but none of the usual suspects (Cubs, Rob, Fredo, etc) seem to have caught it or said anything about it.

Rush appears to have the ability to get away with anything, and it happening in Puebla and not Mexixo means the people in charge are probably aren't aware of it if unless someone tells them (and even then, they can claim it was hardway and safely assume no one will check.)

40 minutes ago, thecubsfan said:

Rush appears to have the ability to get away with anything, and it happening in Puebla and not Mexixo means the people in charge are probably aren't aware of it if unless someone tells them (and even then, they can claim it was hardway and safely assume no one will check.)

It was done in a way where hardway would be believable. What Rush did after the fact wouldn't be however (and the camera guy was clearly shy to get in there as Rush beckoned him on the outside). It made for Marco having a great comeback though. Rush playing off of the crowd being behind Marco was great too. You watch that match and you think they could pretty easily run a hair match feud between the two. 

Cubs, while you're here, do you think The Crash is actually making money on the sheer number of shows they're running?

I think they're doing well on Tijuana shows. Attendance has been all over the place on the other shows. I think they must be doing ok, but these November shows seem overly ambitious. They must've assumed they'd have a TV deal by now when they scheduled all of these shows, because it seems incredibly daunting to sell a dozen shows mostly on local promotion and social media mentions. I think they're helped out because they have some local groups doing the promoting (and maybe shouldering some of the risk), but this doesn't seem like the greatest business idea. Hope it works out.

11 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

That is a lot of Juniors (no pun intended).

We better have a Road Report from one of you

All depends on location, finances and yard pass availability. :P

3 hours ago, Pete said:

All depends on location, finances and yard pass availability. :P

The first two things are the variables for me, as well as the NY date not being on the 18th as I will be at Harvard-Yale that day. Hope the Jersey date ends up in Rahway and the CT date ends up in Danbury.

While checking Twitter to make double sure that Soberano's stretcher job after that great match with the NGDs on Friday wasn't an actual injury (I'm actually still not 100% sure?), I saw that this Soberano/Bandido match exists. They go to war with each other but also with the concept of ringside chairs and people sitting in them. It's pretty great.

On 10/15/2017 at 3:32 PM, HeadCheese said:

A really fun match.

Is the dude in the red tights Principe Cometa?

Guy's built like Kevin Steen. But I ain't never seen Steen move like that. 

ETA: "Super Frankensteiner" sounds extra badass in a Mexican accent.