DVDVR Message Board

General Lucha Libre Comments

Robert

Psycho Clown/Texano Jr. was alright from what I saw of it. Really just a collection of spots with the expected ref crap and seconds crap, but they bled buckets (once again), there were some nice dives, and thankfully they didn't have a kickout on a freakin' Canadian Destroyer off the top through a table. And boy howdy is Psycho Clown over. Bonus points for his throwback reprint of the old "skeleton fetus" Cannibal Corpse shirt. 

Anniversario line up (via  cubsfan)

CMLL (SAT) 09/16/2017 Arena México
1) Blue Panther Jr., Stuka Jr., The Panther vs Dragón Rojo Jr., Hechicero, Pólvora
2) Diamante Azul, Marco Corleone, Valiente vs Cuatrero, Forastero, Sansón
3) Kráneo, Rush, Sam Adonis vs Cavernario, Felino, Negro Casas
4) Princesa Sugehit vs Zeuxis [mask]
5) Carístico, Flip Gordon, Volador Jr. vs Kojima, Mephisto, Último Guerrero
6) Niebla Roja vs Gran Guerrero [mask]

The micros match from CMLL last night was excellent. Just great pro wrestling. Chamuel is a very nice addition to the crew & Micro Man just keeps cementing his Rookie of the Year status. Hopefully they find a 3rd lil' dude to join up with the tecnicos so we can get some trios action going!

On 9/7/2017 at 7:04 PM, Ramo2653 said:

Is Sugehit on WWE's radar after the MYC? I haven't watched anything past the first round (hoping to knock that out this weekend) so I don't know what happened to her.

Not really

It seems more like she was brought in a one time thing A) to have a luchadora and B) because of her close ties to Sarah Stock

The exact quote from the WON

Princesa Sugehit - Different style, 37 years old, unlikely she’s signed

I feel like both Anniversary losers are gonna end up MIA sooner than rather later. Niebla Roja probably leaving Mexico for a bit (if not forever) & Sugeith maybe cashing in her mask and taking a year off to have a kid. Pretty sure on the former, just a suspicion on the latter.

I guess that won't go down as an all-time great aniversario, but I still feel tremendously spoiled to have had that be my first Mexico City live wrestling experience.

I got to see my fav Hechicero kill it in the opener (and even eventually tracked down an Hechicero t-shirt and keychain outside); Negro Casas is just great pretty much whatever he's doing, and the Zeuxis/Sugehit match ruled.

I wonder if you showed the main event to someone with no context at all for it if they might really dig it better than those of us following lucha? Even with that disappointing build, tho, it was really a pretty fun match.

I sat directly next to the hard cam, which was a pretty great seat, except for the fact that I also sat directly next to a dude with an air horn. I'll sacrifice the hearing in my left ear for Zeuxis and Hechicero and the NGDs tho.

• Like 2

It's easy to criticize from afar but I'm sure it was a super fun event to attend live. I've never been let down by an Arena Mexico Friday (I know it's not Friday but still) show. It's just such a great live experience, every fan should do it once.

I thought main event was great considering crowd came to boo the shit out of them and those guys worked so hard they ended up getting the crowd really invested in the outcome. The exact opposite of how the feud felt in the build-up! Easily my favorite match of the show.

Hechicero was just unreal in that opener. He was working as if he was pissed he got relegated to opening match (remember he was semi-main last year...) and was out there to show he was the best wrestler on this show.

Others like Sugeith/Zeuxis more than myself. I just couldn't get past the Tirantes nonsense.

• Like 1