DVDVR Message Board

General Lucha Libre Comments

Robert

36 minutes ago, Raziel403 said:

Where do I go to complain about the English  broadcast being the single most unprofessional wrestling announce team on a large scale broadcast like that?  

I think you have to get in the back of the line of the people still complaining about Matt Striker and Josh Matthews (justifiably) in the previous years.  

I only listened to the english commentary on the pre show but it really came off like two guys who had no idea they were there because they were completely unprepared.  when they were doing the rumble style match they should have just left the booth cause it seemed like an impossibility they would understand it

9 hours ago, Oyaji said:

I didn't think it was that bad but I also enjoyed last year's main event. Surprised about the result but the right guy went over. The Wagner mask is legendary but dude is 52 and just probably made a shit tonne of money with his last big hurrah. We also got to see adorable Psycho Clown Jr. 

It just felt like it was a paint by numbers match.  There was never a spot that felt important and Wagner's "offense" was some of the weakest, slowest looking shit I'd seen. I know this was a huge moment in Lucha history, but that match was horrible.  

I honestly forgot this was on until the main event, so unsure of the rest of the card.

8 hours ago, Robert said:

Sit on this one for 24 hours and then react. AAA loves to do weird shoot angles to trick the internet and it's not like the folks associated with GFW/TNA are any different.

They do, and just did with the Mundo/Vamp angle, but wrestling Twitter is full of workers, a good portion having no association to GFW or AAA, calling for Sexy's head, so I'm gonna lean toward legit.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Robert said:

Sit on this one for 24 hours and then react. AAA loves to do weird shoot angles to trick the internet and it's not like the folks associated with GFW/TNA are any different.

Given it is AAA and seems to be a promotion booked while on meth, to me the extremely awful reputation of Sexy Star makes this seem legit.  Besides if you were going to do a shoot angle would you really pick someone like Rosemary?   

5 hours ago, Raziel403 said:

Where do I go to complain about the English  broadcast being the single most unprofessional wrestling announce team on a large scale broadcast like that?  

Given that they were hired a few days before the event and probably paid like $50 each I'm not going to kill them. Not to mention I thought the one guy did an admiral job of translating the spanish promos as they happened.

5 hours ago, hammerva said:

Given it is AAA and seems to be a promotion booked while on meth, to me the extremely awful reputation of Sexy Star makes this seem legit.  Besides if you were going to do a shoot angle would you really pick someone like Rosemary?   

I don't know. I'm not familar with her aside from her work here locally. I'm just saying the facts - AAA is super into doing dumb worked shoots just to insult the intelligence of internet fans. I can totally believe Sexy Star did it & the match was a mess with lots of communication problems.

For what it's worth it is in GFW's best interest to be angry and turn all negative attention on Sexy Star because it gets everyone away from talking about the fact Jeff Jarrett worked his match completely drunk last night.

37 minutes ago, Robert said:

I don't know. I'm not familar with her aside from her work here locally. I'm just saying the facts - AAA is super into doing dumb worked shoots just to insult the intelligence of internet fans. I can totally believe Sexy Star did it & the match was a mess with lots of communication problems.

It's very strange with Karen Jarrett and Grado both challenging Sexy Star to come to GFW while other wrestlers, like Gail Kim and Sienna, seem legit pissed. Smh Either way, glad to hear that Rosemary is not as badly injured as initially thought and hope she gets well soon.

4 minutes ago, Jamal said:

It's very strange with Karen Jarrett and Grado both challenging Sexy Star to come to GFW while other wrestlers, like Gail Kim and Sienna, seem legit pissed. Smh Either way, glad to hear that Rosemary is not as badly injured as initially thought and hope she gets well soon.

If what happened was legit and GWF actually has the nerve to turn it into an angle I'd be livid if I worked for them. I know they are stupid, but I don't think even they are THAT stupid.

• Like 1

Jarret was supposed to be an angle.  Right before the match, Twitch chat was flooded with messages saying GFW was working an angle for television.  

I would not be surprised if Sexy Star was the same.  Either way, both were horrible.  Just horrible.

Then again, this is the old TNA so TNA gonna TNA.

The latest on GFW star Rosemary is that there is discoloration and swelling around her elbow today, leading to fear that there is a triceps tear.  We are told she will be getting additional tests done upon her return to the United States.

As PWInsider.com broke yesterday, Rosemary was caught in a legit cross armbreaker by Sexy Star for reasons unknown at the finish of their four way match at Triplemania last night.  Star was brought to Rosemary by Vampiro after the match and apologized.

During the match, Star legitimately got into it with Lady Shani, who, sources tell PWInsider.com, was looking to continue the fight backstage, leading to Star being sent from the Arena.

43 minutes ago, The Natural said:

After reading about it, I've just watched the video and it's made me angry. To go out and hurt someone. Fucking scum. Best wishes, Rosemary.

I just saw the clip as well. It was very obvious that it was an attempt to cause a real injury. AAA better send her one hell of a check to make up for all the bookings she is going to miss. If she sues them and Shitty Star over this I'd be perfectly fine with it. Good on Jarrett for going ballistic on Vampiro backstage over this.

• Like 2

The dirt worst. 

I hope she's slugging it out with out of shape cans in a dingy boxing ring from here unto eternity. 

Good job, good effort, Lucha Underground for sinking so much time and energy on a wonderful role model for young women out there. 

Cody speaking out is probably the worst thing for her because for reasons unexplained he seems to be the ruler of indy wrestling - able to work wherever he wants & face whoever he wants.

One day someone should do a podcast or lengthy bio or something on Sexy Star. I hestitate to say anything that may come off as a defense of anything she does b/c I think she's a terrible human being (not just wrestler) but this is all learned behavior. She spent the early part of her career getting abused by veterans, mainly both Apache sisters who everyone seems to love. They would routinely kick the shit out of her in matches & still brag about it to this day.

Not to defend Sexi Star, but people are always selective about poor behavior depending on the person involved. Lots of people here seem to love seeing the Steiners or Vader potato job guys or worse (Joe Thurman). Similarly, people hate seeing people like Bill Demott or Bob Holly take advantage of young wrestlers or trainees, but love to hear stories about how young boys are brutalized in the Japanese dojos. 

I'm not one for cultural relativism, but part of paying dues in the dojo system is surviving the beatings. I think it's backwards and archaic but it's a system that's been in place since the beginning. I don't see how applying a shoot armbar on somebody in a match in the biggest show of the company's recent history is equivalent to that. I agree with you to an extent with Vader and the Steiners being completely reckless with enhancement guys, or Hansen taking liberties, but this is different from the dojo system. Shit, the dojo system is fucking worse because it's cost at least one life and I say that as a big fan of Kensuke.

• Thanks 1

BTW One of the hilarious things from the fallout of the incident is 50% of wrestlers on twitter talking about how things needs to change when it comes to bullying/hazing/etc & the other 50% screaming I'M GONNA KILL SEXY STAR WHEN I SEE HER. We need to get on the same page people!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

I'm not one for cultural relativism, but part of paying dues in the dojo system is surviving the beatings. I think it's backwards and archaic but it's a system that's been in place since the beginning. I don't see how applying a shoot armbar on somebody in a match in the biggest show of the company's recent history is equivalent to that. I agree with you to an extent with Vader and the Steiners being completely reckless with enhancement guys, or Hansen taking liberties, but this is different from the dojo system. Shit, the dojo system is fucking worse because it's cost at least one life and I say that as a big fan of Kensuke.

There was an episode of Killing the Town a few months where they decried the Mauro/Bradshaw bullying stuff and laughed it up at some pretty terrible Dojo stories. 

Like you said, prob apples and oranges. But it was strange to  hear in course of one pod.