DVDVR Message Board

General Lucha Libre Comments

Robert

Why? It's just a stupid title & AAA is a house of cards just waiting to fall. Mundo only works there when they can gather up enough money to pay him. Taya hasn't been showing her dates lately likely due to the same reason.

This could be one big dumb working the internet deal that means nothing or Vamp getting annoyed at something and acting without thinking about pissing off the fiancee of the guy who holds all the AAA titles. Either way it's hilarious.

(And tweeting about being at RAW had nothing to do with anything.)

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 4:50 PM, alstein said:

We need Sam Adonis vs the Progressive Liberal in somewhere like North Carolina.  There will be stabbings.

Even in the present day, pro wrestling still relies on current events combined with regional zeitgeist.

Sam Adonis's gimmick would fail to draw heel heat in rural Kentucky. 

However, he'd be the biggest baby face in the Ozarks.

In not need, Vampiro is an idiot.   In news,  Taya quit AAA,  and Mundo just went scorched earth on Twitter directed at Vamp.  So I'm guessing he's done.

Sounds like a pretty fucked up situation.  Instead of having Johnny give her belt to them for "promo pictures" why not just say she's stripped of the title and they want it back?  Some really shady stuff going on with AAA but it seems that's been par for the course.

On 7/29/2017 at 3:03 PM, odessasteps said:

The trios match involving the new Dinamitas from last night is worth checking out, as is the match with Sam and Blue Panther. 

A week later, this applies again.

I thought the Cometa/Soberano/Panther vs NGD match was the second best CMLL match this year only behind the Parejas Incriebles tournament final. It hasn't been the strongest year match quality wise obvioiusly but those two are head and shoulders above anything else really.

Yeah, I don't think it's #2 for me, but it was really good. And I think the only two other CMLL matches besides the Parejas Increibles that I like better both also involve Soberano and Sanson on opposite sides (the Gran Alternativa final and the Copa Junior Nuevo Valores final).

1 hour ago, Robert said:

I thought the Cometa/Soberano/Panther vs NGD match was the second best CMLL match this year only behind the Parejas Incriebles tournament final. It hasn't been the strongest year match quality wise obvioiusly but those two are head and shoulders above anything else really.

Not counting the micro matches, which are in their own category, i presume. :)

just watched Adonis vs. Blue Panther in the hair match, not a classic wrestling match but fantastic heat. They love to hate the guy. You might say it's purely right time, right place with the Trump gimmick, but how many nationalist gimmicks die in this day and age? Adonis is doing nicely for himself after a long apprenticeship working the British holiday camps.

• Like 1

Just finished the CRASH semi-main from Saturday and highly reccomend it! Great old school brawl with Garza Jr./Bestia 666/Black Danger as asshole rudos kicking the crap out of the tecnicos Daga/Jack Evans/Oraculo. Tons of heat. Every tecnico comeback is foiled so the crowd gets angrier and angrier. Jack goes out on a stretcher which first Bestia knocks over and destroys Jack more, then Garza runs into crowd to knock it over again and takes a swing at a fan heading back into the ring. All builds to a great finish where the rudos get what's coming to them except Garza Jr. since he's the chickenshit who runs away to safety.

Most CRASH matches are all about the MOVEZ which is fine by me but this made for a great change of pace and the crowd being so into these guys helped a lot. Garza Jr. is a heat machine.