DVDVR Message Board

General Lucha Libre Comments

Robert

Rey Jr. only had 2 TV matches with Promo Azteca for a combination of reasons. Their TV only lasted barely over a year with lots of pre-emptions, they often taped TV on days he was booked in WCW & the tapings were so disorganized by the time they decided they needed guys who also worked WCW it was too late to get them to the show in time. Same deal with Konnan/Juventud Guerrera.

• 3 weeks later...

nov-16-special2.jpg

Johnny Rodz succeeding where CMLL failed. AWESOME.

I'm totally going to this! I fucking love Cassandro and I don't want to miss a chance to see Atlantis live.

Any word on how this was? I am wrestling on a show in Denver with Atlantis and Ultimo Guerrero and I was probably going to film it, would it be worth it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Pretty sure cubsfan re-uploaded all of those Monterrey matches a few days ago.

7/28

8/04

Both are great for different reasons. The title match features one of the all-time craziest bumps I've ever seen. These guys rule. Hechicero is supposed to be working some CMLL shows this year, I'm hoping he gets some time in there with other maestros and bad asses.

So what is the status of Mistico I/Sin Cara?

Was he actually released by the WWE?  I heard he was going back to Mexico, but I've never heard it confirmed that he was released.

What are his prospects in Mexico?   He doesn't own rights to the Mistico name and gimmick, right?  There's already a Mistico II.  Would he still be a big draw under a different gimmick?  Let him work as Mistico and do a La Parka/LA Park thing?  I kinda took his jump to WWE to be sort of a bridge burning, but if he's still a huge draw, that can be managed.

How's Mistico II doing?  As big a draw as his predecessor?  I haven't kept up with lucha for a few years.

He is gone from WWE and will be doing a show promoted by his brother in February under Sin Cara.

He'll be a main eventer anywhere he goes and likely will go to AAA since Paco Alonso is mad at him. He won't be Mistico but it doesn't really matter. Everyone knows who he is anyway. Yes, he will still be a draw.

Mistico 2 has been a failure. He wasn't ready for the role and 2 never gets over as well as the original. He also almost always injured as well. It would have been a failure no matter who got put in that role.