DVDVR Message Board

General Lucha Libre Comments

Robert

No better way to restart the Lucha Libre forum by linking to one of the most amazing matches of the year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_710SV6LGQo

Rush is a FUCKING BEAST! It's incredible how much he's improved since his first 2 years. The recent shift to feuding with Negro Casas is amazing. They had a trios the week before where Negro stepped on his face so in this match Rush just kicks Negro's head off. PRO WRESTLING!

Cage match is coming up on Friday. Hoping Rush, Shocker & Aguila are left at the end - Rush low blows both guys and leaves, Shocker beats Aguila, Rush beats Shocker at the Anniversary & we just wait for the inevitable Rush/Negro hair match to come.

• Like 1

Rush/Casas is already the feud of the year.  Everything from this point forward is just icing.  The crazy brawl from this weeks tv is just as good as the trios above.  I full expect Rush and Casas to be one and two on my depth chart by years end at this point.

This week's highlights on 3ra Caida had one of the most dangerous spots gone wrong I have ever seen. Hopefully this links correctly but if not go to 44:55:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=TyHcq7pvu6E#t=2697s

Right up there with the Tarzan Boy ringpost bump, Valente Fernandez's near death & Shockercito's head tope as the scariest shit ever...

There really isn't a clear-cut answer to why its gone. Its Galavision, its just gone. Everyone has their conspiracy theories behind why its off, but the only answer from someone in Galavision that's been brought up is that its gone for the summer and will be brought back in fall, which is probably BS since it was on at midnight and there was nothing on that would lead anyone to believe that it was pre-empted for something else. Similar thing happened in around 2003 and I think that was back when it came back and was months behind.

LATV is airing the CMLL Fox Sports Espanol show Sundays at 6 pm PDT.  Don't expect that to last too long either.  LATV does have a track record of only airing lucha for a few weeks and then replaying it, followed by removing it.  They've been doing that for the last 2-3 years.

My theory is it has something to do with commentator Leonardo Riano calling Negro Casas the n-word 3 times on a show that aired 2 weeks before CMLL was taken off. Considering Galavision US barely cares about Lucha Libre in the first place I can't imagine their reaction if someone made them aware that word was used multiple times on their channel. All it would take is one complaint and they'd dump the show because it's not worth the headache.

Yeah I noticed, they moved it to 4 AM or so for awhile, then it vanished. What's the deal with that? Is there any lucha airing on DirecTV anywhere anymore?

Time Warner Cable Deportes airs the CMLL C3 show several times as week. They are only in March though.

Galavision that's been brought up is that its gone for the summer and will be brought back in fall, which is probably BS since it was on at midnight and there was nothing on that would lead anyone to believe that it was pre-empted for something else. Similar thing happened in around 2003 and I think that was back when it came back and was months behind.

The show that's pre-empting CMLL, "MoJoe", is a show that airs midweek in Mexico and airs at least two times on Galavision before that late night airing. It's a music/interview program that seems to have been on for many years, not something that getting only a limited run.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, is Aersostar any good or even active? I don't know much or follow lucha to much. But someone a while ago sent me some of his YouTube highlights. I'm a total mark (and always will be) for insane cruiserweight dudes who bust out crazy-ass highspots. His were so crazy.

He's a very good high flyer, on par with Mascara Dorada at one point a few years ago but Dorada's gotten better chances and grown more working with more experienced people. Aerostar's still pretty good.

He disappeared from TV for most of this year. Some of us made missing persons photoshops jokes, and Konnan said he'd explain what happened but to cut it out. We did, he didn't. At any rate, he turned up a couple weeks ago for a TV taping, which should start to air this weekend.

His last TV match prior...

Hey, is Aersostar any good or even active? I don't know much or follow lucha to much. But someone a while ago sent me some of his YouTube highlights. I'm a total mark (and always will be) for insane cruiserweight dudes who bust out crazy-ass highspots. His were so crazy.

He returned to TV this weekend teaming with Jack Evans & Angelico against Pentagon Jr. & 2 of the Inferno Rockers in an AWESOME match! Definitely look that one up when luchablog puts it up tomorrow. It seems like Aero Star is back on a regular TV schedule as he's on at least 3 of the next 4 tapings so hopefully this isn't just an abnormality due to Fenix being injured/in Japan.

He returned to TV this weekend teaming with Jack Evans & Angelico against Pentagon Jr. & 2 of the Inferno Rockers in an AWESOME match! Definitely look that one up when luchablog puts it up tomorrow. It seems like Aero Star is back on a regular TV schedule as he's on at least 3 of the next 4 tapings so hopefully this isn't just an abnormality due to Fenix being injured/in Japan.
HOLY CRAAAAAAP THAT WAS FUN.This is about the best batshit spotfest I've seen in a while. Aerostar's early dive where he fell into the crowd and popped out like "...I'M OKAY!" had me dying. And I don't think I've seen Angelico before but... He is a good lookin' fella.

So I've been working a lot of lucha shows as of late with guys who are (or were) semi-names but usually I would not stick around for the main event (bad person, I know). But I decided last night to stick around and check it out and I have to ask, for those of you that have went to spot shows that these names appeared on, did they mail it in or go all (or at least semi) out. The match I saw last night between El Hijo De Wager and Psicosis II against Mascara Sagrada and local guy Pikachu was just blah. It was 25 minutes of arm drags and passes and it really felt like the guys there mailed it in except for the lucha guy who had one impressive highspot. I will upload the match but what are peoples' opinions on these guys? Are they good? And maybe I might upload the match and you all love it and I just don't understand lucha, I don't know...

EDIT:

This sounds great but I can't find it on YouTube. Are you planning on uploading this one, Rob?