DVDVR Message Board

General Lucha Libre Comments

Robert

They don't build to the big shows on Tuesdays, so I don't think they're going to be in a rush to find something new. They'll have to get it back eventually and maybe this is where having Mistico on the roster might come in handy. I don't know. 

Anyone know, when was the last time Psicosis/Nicho had a great/really good match that wasn't a brawl?

Random follow up thought on this, the fact that modern day Psicosis appears to have more or less morphed into New Jack is one of the more surreal things in wrestling to me. 

poor Nuevo Laredo promoter

- got a date for October with Rey and Myzteziz on opposite side of a tag match. Great!

- show gets pushed back two weeks after tickets went on sale

- Myzteziz walks out and they're left in the dark for a few days

- gets Alberto (and Cage) added to the card as a make good

- Alberto walks out!

- promoter keeps saying the card is still 100% confirmed (apparently is told Alberto will still be there)

- Alberto ain't going to be there, the show is five days away, and there's no other make good they can throw in

like, why does anyone get into the wrestling business? I don't ever understand.

• Like 1

like, why does anyone get into the wrestling business? I don't ever understand.

That should be the next lucha documentary instead of doing the same stuff, someone should just see what it takes to run lucha shows at different levels. Would have been great to have someone film AAA backstage the last 6-9 months. Throw in a scene of a CMLL programming dept. meeting where they pull names out of a hat to fill out a week's worth of shows. I'd definitely watch this.

• Like 1

I thought the other day that, if I had the ability and money to make a lucha documentary (or even a good oral history), I'd interview everyone I could associated with the formation of AAA and that first show. Kind of at that point where it's far enough in the past that people might be willing to talk openly about the background of it but getting to that point where people might not be able to talk about it.

I watched the fancam of the Caristico/Volador vs Ingobernables match that's on youtube. It's certainly watchable even if you probably lose some nuance. The Mistico vs Rush stuff felt very novel and you could tell that he loved being back in Arena Mexico and having the crowd cheer for him. The first two falls were pretty good. The third fall was unfocused but had its moments. Some little things that I liked, some that I really didn't like. It was a fun spectacle even if it doesn't hold up against the better CMLL matches of the year. So long as personalities don't get in the way, I see more fun Rush vs Mistico matchups in the future.

The Cavernario shirt that some fan was wearing on yesterday's Puebla show is the coolest wrestling shirt I've ever seen. It looked like the cover art of a kickass doom metal album. I wish there was some way to get one without having to buy it in person. 

The Cavernario shirt that some fan was wearing on yesterday's Puebla show is the coolest wrestling shirt I've ever seen. It looked like the cover art of a kickass doom metal album. I wish there was some way to get one without having to buy it in person.

Is that current or historical Cavernario? (Not watched puebla yet)

One of the guys took a pic outisde the Anniversary show where someone was selling a Cavernario Galindo shirt.

be4f988f905a1dbb19f497cc4f41404a_zpsorvy