DVDVR Message Board

General Lucha Libre Comments

Robert

On the new Winter Palace podcast, Dr. Lucha Steve Sims (@drluchajr) returns to talk about his articles in the magazine: one about Negro Casas and one about Atlantis and the twilight of the his generation of luchadors. Then, we discuss the Anniversary show in detail: discussing every match and probable outcomes, including the mascara contra mascara match between Atlantis and La Sombra. Also, we talk the vagueries of CMLL booking, the state of the women's division post-Dark Angel, the dream trio of Casas, Hechicero and Cavenario, the futures of the Panthers Dynasty and Casas Family, what does a title mean in CMLL, the mess involving LA Park and Dr. Wagner, the economics of lucha and more.

Tinyurl.com/winterpod11

Anyone want to post how people can order the CMLL show? Or at least post a link to a previous post explaining how? Just curious and I want to order it. I think it's $10.

cmll.cleeng.com/funcion-de-lucha-libre-del-82-aniversario-del-cmll/E606281741_MX

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Absolutely.  The Air Force was tearing shit up in 2009.  Plus you get Tito Santana/Rio Bravo/Tigre Cota.

Abismo Negro dies in March and that's depressing as fuck, though.  He was one of my favorites.

You also get Psycho Circus as heels trying to kidnap children from the audience and kidnapping and beating the shit out of Cuije, which remains one of the greatest segments in professional wrestling history for so many reasons