DVDVR Message Board

BOB'S BURGERS

Vincey Greene

I just realized there's no thread for the best show on TV today, BOB'S motherfucking BURGERS.

This is appalling. Not since seasons 2-8 of The Simpsons has a show so consistently brought the goods and done so with such a clear and well defined voice and style. Everything about it is choice.

Loren Bouchard rules (god I loved Lucy: Daughter of the Devil) and the voice cast and writing are just fantastic, Kristen Schall being especially great. I only started watching the show after it came on Adult Swim and I was kicking myself for missing out on it for so long, especially when many of my friends were raving about it. Maybe my favorite line is Gene saying "Coat hangers are for Sunday school clothes. Give me a rock!" when they're trying to break into a van in one ep. 

Love the show.  The only character I'm not completely sold on is Linda, as I find Linda-centric episodes tend to drag and her character's a little more inconsistent than the rest.  Still, though, I'd wager it's the best current comedy on TV, at least on one of the traditional networks.  It's funny, whenever I watch it with family members, Gene reminds everyone of my younger brother, and Louise reminds everyone of my younger sister so that leaves me as...*sigh*.

I love American Dad greatly, but Bob's Burgers is so up there. It varies from "amazing" to "pretty damn good" with no lulls. Tina is easily the best character in cartoons right now. Plus it blows away every other show when it comes to musical numbers.

• 1 year later...

Christ, this show needs more love.  Absolutely the best animated comedy on TV today. 

Anyway, the burger puns are coming to life:   http://www.avclub.com/article/official-bobs-burgers-cookbook-coming-214477

I will absolutely buy this cookbook, because I need the "Blue is the Warmest Cheese Burger" in my life.