DVDVR Message Board

30 For 30

Gonzo

Whats funny is the Red Army film came out first, butmost people prob saw the espn 30 for 30 first.

Yeah, it did come out first but their distribution has been really slow. I had to wait over 6 months to see it myself.

Whats funny is the Red Army film came out first, butmost people prob saw the espn 30 for 30 first.

Yeah, it did come out first but their distribution has been really slow. I had to wait over 6 months to see it myself.

Right. I heard the director interviewed a bunch of places before Xmas.

• 3 weeks later...

For me, as a Georgia Tech alum, it goes back to a phantom call at the end of the ACC tourney. Redick slapped Jarrett Jack in the dick, and then refs called a foul on Jarrett's dick. Redick got more preferential treatment from refs than any Dook player I can remember. Fuck him in the ear...

• 3 weeks later...

here are plans for new 30 for 30 next season whenever that is.  According to Awful announcing:

– The early 90s Buffalo Bills who went to four straight Super Bowls and lost them all.
– Tyson-Holyfield
– Pete Carroll
– John Daly

here are plans for new 30 for 30 next season whenever that is.  According to Awful announcing:

– The early 90s Buffalo Bills who went to four straight Super Bowls and lost them all.

– Tyson-Holyfield

– Pete Carroll

– John Daly

That's a good list.  Daly's story should be bonkers.

ESPN usually dumps the press release in July or August for the first six that'll air in October/November/Heisman. None of what was announced at upfronts this week gets me going all that much...I don't like the mainstream stories.

ESPN usually dumps the press release in July or August for the first six that'll air in October/November/Heisman. None of what was announced at upfronts this week gets me going all that much...I don't like the mainstream stories.

I agree...from my understand of what the 30 for 30's where supposed to be about was the sports stories that we didnt know about or didnt get huge pub at the time.

They haven't followed that concept tightly, though.  I daresay OJ got plenty of coverage 21 years ago.

But the OJ one was more focused on all the other sporting events that took place that day and how the chase effected those events. IE NBC putting the basketball game on the small picture during a split screen,

From Wiki, the "official" explanation...

The idea for the 30 for 30 series began with ESPN.com columnist and Grantland.com founder Bill Simmons, who wanted feature filmmakers to recount the sports stories, people, and events of which they took a personal interest or involvement in, however great or small, and felt had not been fully explored.

Little from column A, little from column B

Pete Carroll makes sense. From twice failed nfl has coach to a dominate college program and being the first coach since Jimmie to win titles at both levels, plus the scandals and controversy.

The Pete Carroll one only makes sense if they go into detail his role in USC getting probation and him leaving out the back door before the authorities came in

I'm guessing this takes the post-Heisman Ceremony spot this year.