DVDVR Message Board

30 For 30

Gonzo

'Canes fans cover your eyes. Ohio St. vs. Miami would be a good one. One of the greatest college teams ever assembled... tons of NFL talent against tOSU and the troubled Maurice Clarett. Nobody gave the Buckeyes a chance and it ends in controversy. THAT knee injury too.

If you are going to do a 30 for 30 on a Miami game, it would have to be 87 Fiesta Bowl against Penn State.   The underdog team against this unstoppable U.  All of the controversy of them wearing fatigues

For a game to be a separate 30 for 30 it has to be more memorable then just a good game.  SEC Storied did one on the first SEC championship game because of the snowball that it started.   There is a really good documentary on Showtime about the Alabama vs USC 1970 game that many feel was the true cause for integration in the SEC.   Neither of the two games mentioned were historic in my opinion.  

one of the things to remember from what I've heard Simmons say about the 30 for 30 idea is A) There wanting lesser know stories or angles on stories that are different then the normal take, and B ) It's more about the stories the directors bring to them then them sitting down and going here x number of stories we want to do.

Or ones Simmons is a fanboy for (fucking 4 Days in October).

I figure it will be on many many more times but there was a good documentary on the 1973 (1974?) UCLA vs Notre Dame game that broke the 88 game winning streak.  Digger Phelps is well typical Digger and Bill Walton is at his insane best as it really seems that he can't let this game go

Awesome.  I've got that one on the DVR and am looking forward to it.

Anybody know when the Tonya/Nancy one is airing again?  Apparently my recording of it got cut off or something.

Anybody know when the Tonya/Nancy one is airing again?  Apparently my recording of it got cut off or something.

A lesson I learned from the Youngstown Boys 30 for 30.  A basketball game preceded it and it went 10 minutes long so it stopped 10 minutes before the end of the doc.  So I just set for a 15 min overrun and I was able to get all the doc this time

A lesson I learned from the Youngstown Boys 30 for 30.  A basketball game preceded it and it went 10 minutes long so it stopped 10 minutes before the end of the doc.  So I just set for a 15 min overrun and I was able to get all the doc this time

Yeah, I'm normally good about that stuff.  I didn't see that there was a game before or I'd have done this :(

There is a new 30 for 30 Short out there called "Judging Jewel" about the story of the 1996 Olympic Park bombing and the story of Richard Jewel who was an actual hero (they claimed he might have saved around 100 people by his act) to being accused as the bomber.  A really amazing story about how it went from one person saying that he loved to seek attention to a guy the media, FBI, and Atlanta Journal Consitution tried to convict.  

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=10365079

As bad as his story, imagine it there was a twitter or facebook during this time. 

Does it cover the fact that when he tried to sue for defamation, a judge threw it out because he had "made himself a public figure" and thus had to prove the news organizations knew he was innocent, all because he gave a few interviews after being a goddamned hero?

Poor guy got screwed so hard.

Does it cover the fact that when he tried to sue for defamation, a judge threw it out because he had "made himself a public figure" and thus had to prove the news organizations knew he was innocent, all because he gave a few interviews after being a goddamned hero?

Poor guy got screwed so hard.

Yes it does thou in fact he was payed off by most of the media outlets it  was just the Atlanta paper that wont in court.

There's gonna be one on the Bad Boys-era Detroit Pistons soon. 

SO. STOKED. 

I hope it has a 5-minute montage of Laimbeer and Mahorn cheap-shotting motherfuckers and talking shit. 

About a week ago, Mike & Mike showed a Bill Lambeer highlight reel on their show.  It was 5 min of Lambeer punching people.  Not much else.