DVDVR Message Board

2014 WWE Hall Of Fame

BEN!

Meltzer has a note today about how Ted DiBiase Sr had to pull out of the Mid South show Mania weekend because the WWE just booked him for Mania weekend - so I am not trying to think of guys he could be inducting

EDIT - Not saying he will induct anyone... just idle speculation

This would be a good year to induct Dick Murdoch.

Warrior should just induct himself.  He can speak about himself in the third person.  Or maybe they can find Amanda Ultimate Warrior and she can do it.

"Arrghhh, thank you Amanda Ultimate Warrior.  You are one of the few mortals that understands what it is like to walk this existence fueled by destrucity.  To harness the molten lava that not even the volcanos can control directly into your veins and foke that energy into a positive lifestyle.  More of you simple mortals should seek to live as Amanda Ultimate Warrior instead of pursuing Amanda Huggenkiss!"

I hope he has tassles on his tux and runs out on stage pumping both fists and tears his groin and then just hangs a U-turn around the podium and limps off stage while still pumping one fist.

• Like 2

Meltzer has a note today about how Ted DiBiase Sr had to pull out of the Mid South show Mania weekend because the WWE just booked him for Mania weekend - so I am not trying to think of guys he could be inducting

Man, that sucks.

I could see it being Dr Death.

Man, that sucks.

I could see it being Dr Death.

I can't imagine anyone inducting him but Ross.

Dr. Death?

EDIT: I seen he has been mentioned. Umm...Jake?

Jake's gotta be in since he worked Mid South and did the Old School Raw. Paul's got to be going in as the posthumous pick so it won't be Dr. Death, unless they break their rules. Warrior also came up through there so maybe they'll cancel the whole regional idea this year... I hope not.

Posthumous should be either Rude or Bearer unless they breakdown and and to do the Freebirds.

I wouldn't mind it being Warrior, Jake, Rude, Honky Tonk Man either the Demos or The Freebirds for tag team

James

The edited version we get on DVDs is great but I could imagine having to sit there while Warrior/Jake/DDP/Whoever stands at the podium awkwardly pausing while the crowd screams "one more match" for 20 minutes every time they finish a sentence could get tedious.

The edited version we get on DVDs is great but I could imagine having to sit there while Warrior/Jake/DDP/Whoever stands at the podium awkwardly pausing while the crowd screams "one more match" for 20 minutes every time they finish a sentence could get tedious.

Yeah man I was at Flair's and they did it for everyone. Even Gordon Solie. And they wouldn't shut the fuck up. So of Natich's four hour speech, we got like, twenty minutes.

Never underestimate wrestling fans ability to ruin wrestling.

• Like 2

Yeah man I was at Flair's and they did it for everyone. Even Gordon Solie. And they wouldn't shut the fuck up. So of Natich's four hour speech, we got like, twenty minutes.

Now I have this image in my head of Bossman's wife/child/family member standing there accepting his posthumous award while some douchebag section in the top tier scream 'one more match' because its cool and ironic. Maybe that's why they wait on Savage?

Man, never thought I could get depressed about a HoF induction for Randy fukn Savage but well... here we are.

Damn, I forgot about the 'Birds. Hayes has gotta be pushing them about that for awhile (and they deserve it). Might as well induct them before he dies of cirrhosis.

Haven't they made rules about the obnoxious fans the last couple years? I would have a crack security team ejecting motherfuckers immediately in the case of such an event. Whole rows if need be. 

Wonder what the oddball pick this year will be. We got Abby in, we got Inoki, we got Mil. WHO'S NEXT

This is just something that they do for legends they plan on having at Axxess, etc. I'm surprised DiBiase even verbally committed to anything not under the WWE banner that weekend as they always use him.

-J\/\/

I am still on the fence about going to the HOF, since it would mean staying an extra day.

Whaaat? Your thought processes are alien to me. The HoF is great.

- kidsthesedays,

RAF

Since i am probably driving, staying means an extra night's hotel plus possibly having to use one more vacation day.

I dont want to go if i really dont care about any of the inductees.

I went to the hall of fame every year from Mania. 21-25 and it was fantastic until 25. Then they overproduced it, Terry Funk talked for a minute and Austin had a giant clock counting eight minutes down. I said I would never go again.

This year tempted me but Wrestlecon is where it is at. Kevin Steen vs Masato Tanaka and Cabana vs Jeff Jarrett already announced. Seeing Warrior would be awesome though.

Colt Cabana vs. Jeff Jarrett is kinda surreal.

Is Sting actually done with TNA?  I have no interest in seeing him wrestle, but I'd be interested if he got inducted into the HoF.

What's the fascination of Sting vs. UT, anyway?  Never seemed like a natural dream match up to me.  I can think of a handful of WWE guys I'd have preferred to see him wrestle when they were all in their primes (Surfer Sting vs. Canadian heel Bret Hart, for starters).