DVDVR Message Board

2014 WWE Hall Of Fame

BEN!

I might be the only one but I loved Lita's speech, thought she was awesome all the way through with some entertaining stories. Long ass speeches is exactly what I wanted out of a finally uncut HOF and that absolutely delivered. She was nearing 40 minutes I think. Loved the bit with Arn and Rey, might have been my favorite of the night.

There's always one.

I had a surreal technical glitch occur; during Jake's speech, right after he talked about not being able to lie to his children anymore, the feed seamlessly jumped back to the moment of Arn and Rey standing up and holding up beer cans and the crowd cheering, like they were saluting Jake's demise.

• Like 1

I might be the only one but I loved Lita's speech, thought she was awesome all the way through with some entertaining stories. Long ass speeches is exactly what I wanted out of a finally uncut HOF and that absolutely delivered. She was nearing 40 minutes I think. Loved the bit with Arn and Rey, might have been my favorite of the night.

There's always one.

Two. I dug the hell out of it. She looked great and it was a fun speech.

• Like 2

I was shocked how over Barrett was when he came out given how nobody seems to care watching on TV and his material for the most part isn't that good.     Maybe he is becoming one of those smart mark favorites which makes up a good deal of the HOF crowd. 

I don't get why people hate Lita's speech except for the fact that we probably have heard most of the stories.  Yeah it was long but are you really going to the Hall Fame and thinking "man I have to leave in 3 hours so I hope it stays short".   Are you that interested in seeing $5 wrestling last night (although I heard it was funny)

It was worlds better than "DGUSA" so in that respect, the Network will have my attention on Mania Saturday.

Lita's speech was awesome if only because for better or worse it showed off the "world traveler" she was. She did a better job of promoting CMLL than CMLL could ever do themselves, willingly or unwillingly. And her usage of props (i.e. Rayo De Jalisco Jr's mask, the $20 bill and having Arn/Rey do a toast) was fantastic. 

The fans really should have shut the fuck up during Jake's speech if only because his voice is wrecked from years of the wreckless lifestyle that made it hard at times to make out what he was trying to say.

And for being "unedited" the Network sure did a lot of editing/censoring. 

• Like 1

I dont remember if i said here or not, but a WWE HOF member told me that they were strictly warned about swearing and would be thrown off the stage immediately.

So, the feed being on a seven second delay isnt surprising.

It being bleeped for "WWF" is mildly surprising.

They did and I just assumed (not knowing the no swearing policy) he said "Fucking with emotions".

I think he caught himself and said masturbating (which they edited anyway) instead of fucking. 

Really good year.  The Scott Hall induction was perfect.  Nash was great.  Scott hit it out of the park.  He was great on the mic, and that catch phrase at the end was outstanding.  DDP and Jake were also amazing.  Just seeing Jake well enough to be honored made it worth the wait.  Warrior's speech was good.  Good on him for not letting them get away with that hit piece DVD, then celebrating him years later when he was ready to play ball.  When he spoke about his family in the beginning it really broke me up.  He seemed like a man who really loved his family.  Good show all around.  The King was even tolerable.  

• Like 1

In catching up on this thread - it amuses me that worthiness into the WWE's Hall of Fame of all places should be predicated on whether someone is good at public speaking or not.

.... oh and no fake titties

I don't think someone's worthiness is based on their public speaking, but it's a thread based on a show where the main draw was public speaking.  I think the worthiness of going into the WWE HOF should be based on wether the entrant has entertained an 8-14 year old version of me.  This is why I fully endorse Koko B. Ware as an inductee.  I also fully endorse Lita.  Going by that rule Van Hammer would also make an excellent inductee.