DVDVR Message Board

2014 WWE Hall Of Fame

BEN!

Some site is reporting that Meltzer I'd reporting that Colon is in for the wwc library deal, which Vince bought before launching the network in Spanish speaking countries

I'm just hoping they release the WWC stuff on the Network in North America as well.

or I hope someone gets Dean a WWE-Network-Espanol subscription using a PO Box in Puerto Rico

So it's Razor Ramon the character going into the Hall of Fame, not necessarily Scott Hall.  I guess if Rick Bognar was the sort (and everything I just read tells me he's not), he could go on the autograph circuit with Virgil, with signs proclaiming "Hall of Famer Razor Ramon."

If they did induct characters instead of the wrestlers themselves, a guy like Barry Darsow could end up with more rings than Yogi Berra, and I'd be on board with that.

I'd assume Nash is going to be the one to induct Razor in to the Hall

DDP inducts Jake

Taker or Kane inducts Paul Bearer

Trish inducts Lita

Linda inducts Warrior

Carlito/Primo/Epico induct Carlos

Hogan inducts Mr. T

Does the fact that he's being inducted as Razor Ramon mean he won't be allowed to talk about the portion of his career where he went by his real name?

Seems dumb to induct him as Razor so he can be inducted with the nWo as Scott Hall. I mean, it's a fake Hall of Fame, why can't you just induct the guy twice under the same name? Isn't Ric Flair in twice as.. Ric Flair?

Well, Hall's career went to the shitter in WCW. Maybe it's a sneaky way of trying to make people forget/remind how much he screwed up?

But if there is one thing I admire about Hall is that he admits and takes the fault for his fuck ups. He is waaayyyyy to honest to be a wrestler of the era he came in at.

Well, Hall's career went to the shitter in WCW. Maybe it's a sneaky way of trying to make people forget/remind how much he screwed up?

But if there is one thing I admire about Hall is that he admits and takes the fault for his fuck ups. He is waaayyyyy to honest to be a wrestler of the era he came in at.

His career didn't really go to the shitter - nWo was one of the hottest angles of all time, The Outsiders were tag-champs practically 4 Life and both sold a ton of merch.  WCW had a stacked roster, so he was never 'The Guy' - and yeah, maybe he could have been if he'd stayed clean (but given WCW politicking, I doubt it), but he was always in a prominent role.

On another note, I've been watching Bret Hart's WCW stuff from 1998, and to be honest, I think he was pretty well used. He was way over as a super prick heel, and him acting like he wasn't in nWo Hollywood when he clearly was added another dimension to his insincerity.  

Re: Bret in WCW

I agree 100%. I reviewed Bret's stuff a couple of years ago and I don't know what people are complaining about. The guy was WHC and U.S. champion. He was facing top competition (Luger, Goldberg, Benoit, Hogan, etc.) and even had a prime spot in N.W.O 2000. I guess some people wanted him to come in, win the title, and main event all of WCW's PPVs. Anything else, in their eyes, would be unacceptable.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think it really is that much an issue inducting Angelo and Lanny. They inducted Chris Von Erich, after all.

But at least the Von Erichs were all associated together onscreen.  Lanny and their dad had no association with Randy Savage on screen.  You shouldn't get a Hall of Fame induction just because you came from the same gene pool.  That's like inducting Grandmaster Sexay just because they want to put his dad in also.

I don't think it really is that much an issue inducting Angelo and Lanny. They inducted Chris Von Erich, after all.

But at least the Von Erichs were all associated together onscreen.  Lanny and their dad had no association with Randy Savage on screen.  You shouldn't get a Hall of Fame induction just because you came from the same gene pool.  That's like inducting Grandmaster Sexay just because they want to put his dad in also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjZrElFhO4I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBlJdLVj-BA