DVDVR Message Board

2014 WWE Hall Of Fame

BEN!

I love how they keep showing that botch during the Lits HOF video.  The one from the RAW main even where she nearly killed herself.  That shit was nasty.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there was any way for that spot to go well.  Trish was just too short to properly catch anyone diving out from between the ropes.

It makes sense that Hall goes in first because he's basically done as an in ring performer - Nash just did the Rumble.

Is there anyone (outside of Moolah/Mae comedy stuff) in the HoF that has come back and worked a match after their induction? It seems like they only want to induct people who are done in the ring.

It makes sense that Hall goes in first because he's basically done as an in ring performer - Nash just did the Rumble.

Is there anyone (outside of Moolah/Mae comedy stuff) in the HoF that has come back and worked a match after their induction? It seems like they only want to induct people who are done in the ring.

Lawler-Miz

EDIT: Did George "The Animal" Steele actually wrestle a match as a member of the Oddities?

I love how they keep showing that botch during the Lits HOF video.  The one from the RAW main even where she nearly killed herself.  That shit was nasty.

It always make me cringe. Brutal stuff.

Happy with the WWE Hall of Fame inductees for 2014.

I'd argue that the only thing Diesel has over Razor Ramon is the WWE Title. Razor has the longevity and was one of their most popular faces for a long time.

Besides Rude (who I guess had some falling out with Vince in 1990; over not getting the title off Warrior perhaps ?) Ramon has to be the next most obvious guy who easily should've gotten a title run.

I'd argue that the only thing Diesel has over Razor Ramon is the WWE Title. Razor has the longevity and was one of their most popular faces for a long time.

Indeed. I'm sure Nash could give two shits, but survey says there's way more love out there for Hall than for Nash.

• Like 1

Plus, this year's already pretty loaded. Save Nash for next year when you need someone who could feasably go last if necessary.They're running out of headline inductees until the HHH/Rock/Taker wave is ready.

And considering next year's WM is in Frisco I would assume the In Memorium spot goes to Ray Stevens with Patterson doing the induction.

Roddy Piper drew more than both of those guys, Orndorff too.

Well, no-fucking-body was taking the belt off Hogan or even Warrior during the superhero era except Slaughter for that goofy publicity stunt angle just to transition it back to Hogan. I was thinking more along the lines of Rude ending up back in the WWE during '92-'93 when he easily could've swapped the belt with Hart a few times. All the guys listed are good answers. Furthermore, if Rude hadn't broken down physically so prematurely he would've been great as either Corporate Champion or a cool heel.

As for Piper he was one of those unique guys like Jake The Snake where he was so over doing his niche a belt was something he never needed to make people give a damn. Defending a belt would've almost been strange for either of those guys. Their niche was wholseale shit disturbing; not winning and defending titles.

Plus, this year's already pretty loaded. Save Nash for next year when you need someone who could feasably go last if necessary.They're running out of headline inductees until the HHH/Rock/Taker wave is ready.

And considering next year's WM is in Frisco I would assume the In Memorium spot goes to Ray Stevens with Patterson doing the induction.

I am assuming Rikishi goes in next year since, in theory, the Usos will still be around and San Fran is probably the best place to induct a Samoan

I wouldn't be shocked, but Rikishi isn't really HOF-worthy unless the pre-WWF stuff is really good. Did he have a memorable feud/match with anyone? Yoko could be justified because he had a pretty long title run, and did some stuff with Taker. Rikishi has an aborted feud with Austin and little else. I'm not saying never ever, but it's not like the Anoa'i' family is unrepresented and Rikishi's WWE career was 90% Wrestlecrap ('Learning to wear boots', 'making a difference', 'The Sultan', 'The Stinkface', 'Hot Lesbian Action'......)

I am assuming Rikishi goes in next year since, in theory, the Usos will still be around and San Fran is probably the best place to induct a Samoan

Which Samoans are already in? Induct the whole extended Miavia/Anoia family.