DVDVR Message Board

2014 WWE Hall Of Fame

BEN!

The more I think about it the more it makes sense for Lita to be in the HOF. I can't think of one person (male or female) in the last 10 years who was equally as shitty as Lita was in the ring and managed to stay as over as she did. Girls were getting fired left-and-right and yet one of the worse (and dangerous) workers was kept on full-time. Was she REALLY that strong of a merch seller? What about the hourly breakdown of the shows she was on and the segments featuring her? I'm curious.

...for being an amazing con artist (being bad at your job but remaining not only employed but POPULAR) in a business full of them, she deserves to be in. I will still roll my eyes and shake my head while she gives her 'heartfel' speech while accepting her 'well deserved' ring.

I think the Kane/Matt thing for almost a year was done just to keep her out of tv matches because Fit realized she was way behind in the ring than the other girls. Speaks volumes when someone who didn't care to have matches like Stacy did got pushed because their top woman face couldn't cut in the ring. I mean back when the divas got angles.

The more I think about it the more it makes sense for Lita to be in the HOF. I can't think of one person (male or female) in the last 10 years who was equally as shitty as Lita was in the ring and managed to stay as over as she did. Girls were getting fired left-and-right and yet one of the worse (and dangerous) workers was kept on full-time. Was she REALLY that strong of a merch seller? What about the hourly breakdown of the shows she was on and the segments featuring her? I'm curious.

...for being an amazing con artist (being bad at your job but remaining not only employed but POPULAR) in a business full of them, she deserves to be in. I will still roll my eyes and shake my head while she gives her 'heartfel' speech while accepting her 'well deserved' ring.

I think the Kane/Matt thing for almost a year was done just to keep her out of tv matches because Fit realized she was way behind in the ring than the other girls. Speaks volumes when someone who didn't care to have matches like Stacy did got pushed because their top woman face couldn't cut in the ring. I mean back when the divas got angles.

At certain points, it felt like they looked for ways to keep her out of the ring because she was perceived by fans as the best female wrestler and it would be hard to justify her not being constantly involved in the title picture if she was regularly wrestling matches.

I like how one of the most vocal opponents of this induction based on Lita's poor ring skills touted Sable as being one of the only women worthy of consideration.

Sable was nothing special in the ring. However...Sable was out drawing (at times) SCSA during WWE's hottest period. A LEGIT TV draw even if it was for only 2 years. She was also the first breakout 'Diva' wrestler. Sure Ivory, Jackie, and Teri were there- but it was ALL about Sable. Trish Stratus expanded on that. Everything that is a WWE Diva today started with the sucessful experiments of Sunny, Sable, Chyna, and Trish. Lita has not gotten WWE more mainstream attention then those four.

I love how they keep showing that botch during the Lits HOF video.  The one from the RAW main even where she nearly killed herself.  That shit was nasty.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there was any way for that spot to go well.  Trish was just too short to properly catch anyone diving out from between the ropes.

It makes sense that Hall goes in first because he's basically done as an in ring performer - Nash just did the Rumble.

Is there anyone (outside of Moolah/Mae comedy stuff) in the HoF that has come back and worked a match after their induction? It seems like they only want to induct people who are done in the ring.