DVDVR Message Board

2014 WWE Hall Of Fame

BEN!

Did you miss Vince's limo driver being in the Hall of Fame or something? It's been bogus and political from the start.

This is a talking point that's been misconstrued over the years. Let's go to the research.

It's interesting, because the place where it was really established was Meltzer. 

He said the following in a may, 94 WON:

Brazil was a main eventer everywhere he went, while Blassie and Rogers are unquestionable choices. The joke is Dudley, who is being called "former manager extraordinaire" on television. I'm not sure Dudley ever managed, but if he did it would have been so briefly it almost doesn't count. Dudley was actually Vince McMahon Sr's limo driver.

So Meltzer's snarky twattishness has tainted a new generation of snarky twats. Great.

I know the hall of fame is often times just a bunch of BS but I'm really not sure Stacy belongs especially considering Mickie, Victoria and Lita aren't in it.

I doubt they will ever put Mickie in unless she comes back for another run

Lita will go in though I do wonder if they held off on her because of possible awkwardness with Punk being around (which isn't an issue now). Lita also is one of the folks who can be inducted at anytime - there isn't really a "city" to hold her off till.

I also doubt Victoria will ever go in

Man, everyone shits on Koko but hey...21 year career, 8 years in the company. A pretty recognizable African-American star in a sport that hasn't always had a good track record with minorities. Had a pretty fun run in Memphis.

I mean, I'm not even remotely defending his entry but we all remember Frankie, the theme music, and the dance, right?

Not to totally ignore your point but in regards to Alphonso, but are their any referees in the Hall yet?  Not that Fonzie needs to be inducted but would Earl Hepner, Nick Patrick or Tommy Young?

Really sort of a low salience dead guy. I could see if Gorilla was still alive, sure, but right now, putting him in would make people look back to the stress and strain the travel put on guys back then. That's a best case scenario. The cost/benefit of it doesn't work out. 

BTW, I'm slowly going through 1994 WWF and I'm really close to his death right now and am glad that the Wrestling Challenges aren't online. I don't want to see Gorilla dealing with it at all. I just don't. 

I think Heyman and RVD will be the first two and will probably go in the next time Mania is relatively close to Philadelphia.  I wouldn't be surprised if any of Dreamer/Sabu/Sandman went in at the same time.

Edit: Whoops this was the wrong hall of fame thread.

Not to totally ignore your point but in regards to Alphonso, but are their any referees in the Hall yet?  Not that Fonzie needs to be inducted but would Earl Hepner, Nick Patrick or Tommy Young?

No referee should go in before this man

14808666.jpg

• Like 1