BEN!

You boys need to get out more:

GB16lg.jpg

dilly beans & don't doubt thee Handsome One,

RAF

Nobody is putting those in martinis.

Get out more and stop writing message board posts like letters

Dear EHDJMV,

I respectfully disagree. That Steak Joynt (among others) in Chicago offered them, and I have served them to great effect. In addition, I had an illuminating conversation with Mr. Race about drinking in the lockerroom over Stoli on the rocks (with no garnish).

yours truly,

RAF

Per Meltzer's update yesterday - Paul Bearer is expected to go in this year

The longtime story was that he didn't want to go in except for with Taker, but he's also sort of a "benign" death.

Part of me thinks they should just center the whole show around Taker and Jake and put in guys they feuded with like Rude, Sid, and Martel. 

There are rumors Lauper will be the celebrity.

Hopefully she'll go for it. The importance of Lauper tends to get forgotten nowadays. At the time seeing Cyndi Fucking Lauper show up on Piper's Pit was mind blowing.

Lauper would be great. I think she sold wrestling better than any other celebrity that's gotten involved. Very few committed as much time as she did during their stay.

They could go all out and fly in David Wolff to stand behind her during her speech and leech off her heat.

There are rumors Lauper will be the celebrity.

Hopefully she'll go for it. The importance of Lauper tends to get forgotten nowadays. At the time seeing Cyndi Fucking Lauper show up on Piper's Pit was mind blowing.

Lauper would be great. I think she sold wrestling better than any other celebrity that's gotten involved. Very few committed as much time as she did during their stay.

They could go all out and fly in David Wolff to stand behind her during her speech and leech off her heat.

Could Ambrose break a record over newly face turned Zeb's head and then bodyslam Wolff?

Lauper makes sense.  They worked with her again fairly recently for that angle with Heath Slater, she's enjoyed a bit of a popular resurgence, and literally as I was typing this, a question about her just came up on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?...

Did you miss Vince's limo driver being in the Hall of Fame or something? It's been bogus and political from the start.

This is a talking point that's been misconstrued over the years. Let's go to the research.

It's interesting, because the place where it was really established was Meltzer. 

He said the following in a may, 94 WON:

Brazil was a main eventer everywhere he went, while Blassie and Rogers are unquestionable choices. The joke is Dudley, who is being called "former manager extraordinaire" on television. I'm not sure Dudley ever managed, but if he did it would have been so briefly it almost doesn't count. Dudley was actually Vince McMahon Sr's limo driver.

Here's what it says on his wiki page

James Dudley began working for Jess McMahon in the 1950s, when McMahon was a co-owner of the Capitol Wrestling Corporation.[3] When McMahon and his partners broke away from the National Wrestling Alliance to form the World Wide Wrestling Federation (WWWF) in 1963, Dudley continued to work for McMahon.[2][3] Dudley performed many different jobs, from carrying buckets of waters to counting ticket sales.[5] Dudley was a close friend of Vincent J. McMahon and continued working for the family when the younger McMahon took over the business from his father; in particular, he drove McMahon's limousine and served as his bodyguard.[8][9] He has said that he thought of McMahon as a father figure.[3] McMahon later increased Dudley's responsibilities with the company several times, and eventually assigned him to manage Turner's Arena in Washington, D.C., which made Dudley the first African-American to hold such a position in the United States.[2][3] His role required him to oversee several other events, including the Town and Country Jamboree television show.[3]

"Although he was rarely seen by the fans, James Dudley is one of the most important and influential men in sports-entertainment history. In the 1950s and ‘60s, when fans tuned into WWE’s weekly TV show, few realized the enormous role Dudley was playing behind the scenes." Hall of Fame Inductees -WWE.com[2]  

Dudley also managed several wrestlers, including Bobo Brazil. Prior to Brazil's matches, Dudley excited the crowds by waving a towel while running to the ring.[2] Over time, Dudley's role with the company diminished and he ceased working for them; the company's operations were moved to Connecticut, and Turner's Arena was demolished. Shortly before McMahon's death in 1984, he told his son, Vincent K. McMahon, who had taken over control of the promotion (then known as the WWF), "Whatever else you do, you take care of James Dudley."[3] After Vincent J. McMahon's death, Dudley was put back on the company payroll at age 74 and subsequently received several gifts from Vincent K. McMahon to show appreciation for Dudley's contributions to the company.[3] Dudley has been described as an "important cog" in the company, and McMahon once stated that "had there been no James Dudley, the WWF possibly wouldn't exist as it does today".[3] Dudley continued to feel a sense of loyalty to the McMahons and their promotion.[3] Dudley was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 1994 by Vincent K. McMahon.[2]

Dudley's final appearance with the company came during an episode of SmackDown! in February 2002. According to the storyline, Stephanie McMahon was banned from the MCI Center. In an attempt to get past security, she pushed Dudley in a wheelchair but was still refused entrance. Following the scene, Dudley left the wheelchair, walked to his seat, and watched the show

Did you miss Vince's limo driver being in the Hall of Fame or something? It's been bogus and political from the start.

This is a talking point that's been misconstrued over the years. Let's go to the research.

It's interesting, because the place where it was really established was Meltzer. 

He said the following in a may, 94 WON:

Brazil was a main eventer everywhere he went, while Blassie and Rogers are unquestionable choices. The joke is Dudley, who is being called "former manager extraordinaire" on television. I'm not sure Dudley ever managed, but if he did it would have been so briefly it almost doesn't count. Dudley was actually Vince McMahon Sr's limo driver.

So Meltzer's snarky twattishness has tainted a new generation of snarky twats. Great.