DVDVR Message Board

2014 WWE Hall Of Fame

BEN!

Since they started putting the HoF out on dvd/airing it on TV, Taker hasn't even appeared at one of them. I mean, clearly, he's backstage saying congrats to people, but he never shows up in a nice tux and watches the show with the rest of the roster.

I just have a hard time seeing him breaking kayfabe for it, even for Bearer. Kane has done an induction before (Pete Rose), has a pretty big connection, and wouldn't break any traditions doing it.

I don't think we'll see Taker at the HoF until he gets inducted.

DON'T LOOK!

taker_joins_dx_3173685975178768543.jpg_4

Well, Undertaker wearing a DX shirt is just about the most wrong thing I've seen since the pic of him scuba diving...

You lie! You must be talking about the zombie vs. shark scene in Fulci's "Zombi."

On a general note, I really think WWE should have less Hall of Famers on a yearly basis. 6 seems like way too much. Hell, sometimes MLB only has like 2 guys get in each year.

I think WWE is going to approach the point where they run out of legitimate "Hall of Fame" caliber talent to induct. I guess that gets into a discussion of what the baseline for it really is. I mean, we know statistically what makes you a Hall of Fame football player or baseball player (generally) - but what makes you a Hall of Fame wrestler? Drawing money? Winning titles? Just being a memorable character?

Like, Koko B. Ware was a fun character, but why is he a Hall of Famer? The real life sports equivalent of Koko B. Ware would be like a Chris "Birdman" Anderson of the NBA. A role player to the real superstars, a fun character, a guy who people do like watching, but he's never making the NBA Hall of Fame. I guess there is an endless list of Koko B. Ware's in wrestling who could be inducted on a yearly basis, but I really think they should be a little more selective about it. Shorten the list a bit so they can stretch this thing out further into the future. NFL will never run out of people to induct because of the amount of players who retire every year, and the amount of new talent that comes up to replace them.

I guess I got off on a tangent there. TL;DR version: WWE should induct less people each year, and be more selective about who they induct. Why the fuck would you induct Mick Foley the same year you induct Bruno? Foley could easily headline his own year. What would be the point of adding Jake Roberts to this year's class? He's another guy that could headline another year. And if he does go in this year, it shouldn't be him, Warrior and 5 other guys. I don't think anyone would bat an eye if this year's class was just Warrior and 1 or two other people.

Maybe I'm overthinking this way too much. I mean, at the end of the day isn't the WWE HOF really just "Legends who will actually agree to a 'legends' deal with us so we can keep making money off of them." ?

Maybe I'm overthinking this way too much. It really ain't that serious.

Erm. Yeah. This.

Defending the Small Hall for WWE is cause for re-examining one's life choices.

Fuck it, I really don't care. It's a fake hall of fame for fake fighting. If I'm going to defend the latter, I'm going to defend the former just as vigorously.

Each HOF class should have a dead former WWE guy, a non-WWE guy whether dead or alive, and a guy whose purpose is to troll people who want the WWE HOF to be more serious.

And you induct people as soon as you can come to an agreement because, given the life spans of wrestlers, it's no guarantee a lot of these guys will be alive next year.

So am I the only one who is starting to wonder what Warrior's induction speech is going to be like?

Part of me would love it if he has just been playing nice so that they will give him a live mic on international television then on the night he just loses his mind and starts ranting about 'the gays' and 'that bullshit dvd' and bragging about how he crushed Hunter at Mania and that the match was a total shoot and he'd do it again if anyone tried to take this mic away....

Im 99% sure it wont happen, but that 1% has got me more excited for an induction than ever before!

So am I the only one who is starting to wonder what Warrior's induction speech is going to be like?

Part of me would love it if he has just been playing nice so that they will give him a live mic on international television then on the night he just loses his mind and starts ranting about 'the gays' and 'that bullshit dvd' and bragging about how he crushed Hunter at Mania and that the match was a total shoot and he'd do it again if anyone tried to take this mic away....

Im 99% sure it wont happen, but that 1% has got me more excited for an induction than ever before!

I don't expect any of that, but I'll be shocked if he gets through his speech without some sort of shot at wrestlers who died due to drug abuse, etc. He loves to make fun of those guys in his shoot interviews, especially the ones who talked shit about him and then died of an OD later in life.

You'd think that he would go on a ridiculous rant, but as strange as it may sound, this is probably a pretty big deal to him. Judging by the way he writes (length wise), he'll most likely put together one of the more legit HoF speeches. But I'm not going to lie, part of me does wish for a crazy Warrior-esque promo.