DVDVR Message Board

2014 WWE Hall Of Fame

BEN!

Since they started putting the HoF out on dvd/airing it on TV, Taker hasn't even appeared at one of them.  I mean, clearly, he's backstage saying congrats to people, but he never shows up in a nice tux and watches the show with the rest of the roster.

I just have a hard time seeing him breaking kayfabe for it, even for Bearer.  Kane has done an induction before (Pete Rose), has a pretty big connection, and wouldn't break any traditions doing it.

I don't think we'll see Taker at the HoF until he gets inducted.

The only other person who has that kind of connection besides Taker and Kane would be Foley. I think Foley ca nreign himself in for an induction speech for Bearer. Unless thy want to fly Kevin Von Erich from Hawaii for it

James

What's the fascination of Sting vs. UT, anyway? Never seemed like a natural dream match up to me. I can think of a handful of WWE guys I'd have preferred to see him wrestle when they were all in their primes (Surfer Sting vs. Canadian heel Bret Hart, for starters).

They were both big stars in the 90s who had cool gimmicks and wore trenchcoats. And since the end of the Monday Night Wars, there haven't been many "dream matches" to get excited about, and Sting vs. Undertaker is the closest thing to that besides Taker vs. Cena.

The only other person who has that kind of connection besides Taker and Kane would be Foley. I think Foley ca nreign himself in for an induction speech for Bearer. Unless thy want to fly Kevin Von Erich from Hawaii for it

James

You would think Kevin Von Erich would be the one who inducts the Freebirds (assuming the Freebirds ever actually go in) but yeah... I dont they would go through that much trouble when they have enough other guys wandering around

I would think Kane would induct Paul Bearer.

I've always wondered why the WWE inducts seven or so guys a year when that means everyone except the top guys gets a minute or so to talk. Why not just induct three people a year?

A lot of the fun got taken out of it when they started inducting random midcarders - Hall of Fames need to be picky, so people can talk about "does so and so deserve to be in the Hall of Fame?" That's the fun of baseball's. Does Craig Biggio deserve to be in the Hall of Fame? I dunno, don't care, but baseball fans do, and they'll talk about it.

After friggin' Koko B. Ware got in the WWE Hall of Fame, they could induct the Mulkeys in and I wouldn't bat an eye. As a matter of fact, that'd be awesome. Never mind what I just said, let's put more jobbers in the Hall of Fame. The obvious first pick - Iron Mike Sharpe. I just looked at his Wikipedia page, and did you guys know he trained Nova? Do you know what that means? He trained the guy who invented every wrestling move. That's more than enough to be in the Hall of Fame right there. 

• Like 1

Bogus and political? No Hall of Fame means anything at all. Does anyone care that (guy who isn't in the baseball hall of fame) isn't in? Does it diminish his ability or achievements? Its just another way for Americans to argue about things. If anything WWEs is more valid than Baseball because theres no pretentious nobodies arguing about people.

"Pretentious nobodies arguing about people" are what make up a message board. You're basically wishing yourself out of existence.

It's a fun discussion, that's all. At least with Meltzer's Hall, you can wonder why someone did make it when someone else didn't or why X wrestler isn't in. There's no way to have that discussion with the WWE Hall, because no one blinks an eye about anybody getting in. 

People who like baseball care that a certain baseball guy isn't in the Hall of Fame. I'm not a football fan at all and I think it's insane that one of the greatest punters of all time, Ray Guy, isn't in the NFL Hall of Fame. That's what Hall of Fames are for, discussion of who makes it and who doesn't and what makes a Hall of Famer and what doesn't.

(writes bunch of stupid shit about Bert Blyleven and the baseball Hall, all of which turns out to be completely fucking not right - see below)

FUCK - HE ACTUALLY MADE IT FUCKING IN. NEVER FUCKING MIND. RETRACT. GOD, I NEED TO USE FUCKING GOOGLE MORE OFTEN.

Made it in 2011. Did I mention I don't care much for baseball. Point still stands, somehow.

He didn't even have 300 wins. I retire from the fucking Internet. Screw you guys, I'm going home.