DVDVR Message Board

2014 WWE Hall Of Fame

BEN!

I'm going to be hugely disappointed if Warrior's speech isn't completely bonkers.

"Argghh, finally the power of The Ultimate Warrior takes its rightful place in the Hall of Fame alongside the power of Hulkamania and Arriba Derci!  I hijacked the plane and threw the pilot out at 10 thousand feet for he knows not what the gods and the Little Warriors know!  Not even the evil voodoo of Papa Shango could stop this moment from occuring tonight!  And queering don't make les bon temps rouler!"

I assume Batista inducts him on the basis of them being brothers in shaking dem ropes.

This has got to be The Freebirds year too.  Maybe The Rock 'N Roll Express and The Midnights/Cornette.  "Dr. Death" Steve Williams.  And can't forget The Twin Towers.  Maybe with Slick as a group.

• Like 1

I think either a stoned RVD, non-power nap taking Vince, or a concussed John Cena need to induct Warrior.  I for one am pumped.  Warrior was a huge part of my wrestling fandom as a kid.  I hope Warrior goes up there and imitates all the guys who made fun of him on the hit piece DVD.  I also think there is a better than 65% chance he mentions the Benoit murders at some point during his ramblings.  

• Like 2

The question is, will this air live and unedited on WWEflix?

Dave said it will likely depend on the USA contract. USA might not want it running unedited on the Network when they are showing a highlight show a few days later.

We can only hope so. I don't see why not.

Because of Warrior.

It's probably gonna be Punk inducting him. They're buddies. And I don't know if Warrior has any other buddies in the business.

Inducting Warrior would be a great way to introduce Sting to the wwf

Meltzer and Alvarez floated the idea that since the Hogan at Mania deal is done but he cant wrestle that maybe he would be the one to induct Warrior.

But that would require A LOT of fence mending.

I guess if Hogan was going to induct someone maybe they could get Mr. T off his high horse and get him to accept the invitation.

As for Warrior - yeah... umm... maybe they could finally get Sting????

EDIT - HA! Mark and I think a like

I think Jake is a lock for this year, and I also see a group induction a la The Horsemen with either dX or the nWo, probably the nWo (Hogan,Nash,Hall) so Hogan can go in again. Mr.T or Cindy Lauper as the celebrity induction and Paul Bearer as the posthumus induction. Bundy has to go in at some point too, right? Thought for sure last year was his year, especially since they were on the East Coast

In regards to DX - I read somewhere (and I am spacing on where) that they don't want to do DX as a unit until they put Triple H in as a solo performer because the thought is that if he goes in first with DX, it cheapens him going in solo

I think Jake is a lock for this year, and I also see a group induction a la The Horsemen with either dX or the nWo, probably the nWo (Hogan,Nash,Hall) so Hogan can go in again. Mr.T or Cindy Lauper as the celebrity induction and Paul Bearer as the posthumus induction. Bundy has to go in at some point too, right? Thought for sure last year was his year, especially since they were on the East Coast

But I thought they only did one posthumous a year and they already have Warrior

• Like 8

In regards to DX - I read somewhere (and I am spacing on where) that they don't want to do DX as a unit until they put Triple H in as a solo performer because the thought is that if he goes in first with DX, it cheapens him going in solo

This is also a great reason to hold off for some time on the NWO - Savage, Nash, Hall, Bubba, Rude, Liz, Rotundo, and Steiner all warrant their own inductions, probably among others.