DVDVR Message Board

TNA releases thread

When was Impact an internet show? I remember that being good.

Per Wiki it goes...

• Fox Sports Net era (May 2004–May 2005)
  • Webcasts (July 2005–October 2005)
  • Spike TV era (October 2005–present)
  • Two hour expansion (October 2007–present)
  • Move to Mondays (March 2010–May 2010)
  • Return to Thursday Nights (May 2010–2011)
  • Re-branding to Impact Wrestling (May 2011–present)

Ah, yeah. When they went to 2 hours. God that was a very bad decision. I mean perhaps not from a business perspective, but just from a "I'll happily watch 1 hour of wrestling like TNA but 2 hours is far too much." view.

And looking at that, the other thing I can't believe is that it's less than 12 months until TNA celebrates it's 10 year anniversary. It's crazy how long they've been around, & I guess will continue to be around as the talk of "close to death" have been wrong for at least 7 of those 9 years

I thought it was twelve months since TNA celebrated their tenth anniversary? The first weekly PPV was in 2002, wasn't it?

On the Spin Cycle, Daniels wished the promotion a happy tenth birthday, and said the year he was fired shouldn't count.

But which one? JCP? Georgia Championship Wrestling?  JCP adds another two years.  GCW lasted 13 years, which seems to be a magic number for some reason.

Heck even ECW was around for nearly 13 years from its founding to being bought by Vince.

Going back to actual releases...

Taelor Hendrix is saying Dixie told her she was too fat

On Dixie Carter:

I do have my qualms. Don’t tell me on my birthday that I’m “heavy” to be on TV. ... I’m a size 3, that’s not fat at all! ... I’m a role model for young girls, there’s nothing plastic about me. ... (On her size a year prior) I was too skinny! ... I got really skinny just to get on television. ... Someone said I looked like a skeleton, and then I started looking at my pictures and I was like “Oh my God, I really do!”... I’m taller than [most female wrestlers] but I’m not bigger than them.

Per Wiki it goes...

• Fox Sports Net era (May 2004–May 2005)
  • Webcasts (July 2005–October 2005)
  • Spike TV era (October 2005–present)
  • Two hour expansion (October 2007–present)
  • Move to Mondays (March 2010–May 2010)
  • Return to Thursday Nights (May 2010–2011)
  • Re-branding to Impact Wrestling (May 2011–present)

Now I know when the 2-3 month period I tried watching TNA was.

Letting Jay Lethal go is still astoundingly stupid on TNA's part.  They should re-hire him.

They had the opportunity with the Flair segments to pull the trigger on Lethal and they (TNA) wasted it.  Lethal should have been the biggest star they ever had.

Same goes for Taylor Wilde who was getting over around the same time.  There has been times where they could have pulled the trigger on 5-6 guys who were just about catching fire and they made some silly decisions. Storm is another one, Joe could be put in there as well, the ridiculous Beatiful People split when they were probably the best thing on the show at the time.

The one time they ever got it right was Aries, then again, you wonder if that was by design or just down to Aries being awesome.

• Like 1

Jay Lethal is proving to be kinda nothing in ROH since he left, so I'm not sure how good he could've been if they went all the way with him.

Yeah, but it's a chicken-egg thing.  Which comes first, the push or the motivation?

Personally thought Lethal came off grating and terrible after the amusing Flair impersonation, couldn't stand him in those segments they aired with his family. Regular guy Jay Lethal was never going to be anything special I don't think. Regardless, always thought it was a hilarious booking decision when they had him go over Flair on PPV via figure four and then the following impact, he gets squashed by Hardy in under 5 minutes. Actually that whole period, he was on some crazy win streak pinning practically all of Fortune... Styles on PPV then Kazarian, Wolfe, Morgan, culminating with the Flair match. Then has a string of losses, pushed back down the card, and was suddenly back to just X Division champ again.

About Taeler Hendrix, she's clarified that the being told she was "too heavy" comment didn't come directly from Dixie but just that it was said to her after her last Impact match with Mickie by someone there. Ridiculous either way.. always thought she was one of the more attractive girls around. Shame she never got to do more than a few matches there.

Also Jesse Sorensen had his first match in wrestling since the injury in a tag for NWA Florida Underground this past weekend. Good to see he was able to make any sort of comeback. Loved his last TNA promo in the neckbrace at Destination X last year, too bad he never got to return for TNA after that.

Jay Lethal was on fire there for a few years Black Machismo was such a great character he was super over and was having great matches hell everybody went crazy went he pinned Kurt at No Surrender 07.

• Like 1

Same goes for Taylor Wilde who was getting over around the same time.  There has been times where they could have pulled the trigger on 5-6 guys who were just about catching fire and they made some silly decisions. Storm is another one, Joe could be put in there as well, the ridiculous Beatiful People split when they were probably the best thing on the show at the time.

In regards to Wilde - had she made it known that wanted to go back to school to finish her degree when her contract ran out or was that a product of her being out of work?

I don't remember the details but I guess if it is the former - you could see how TNA would get to the point of not bothering anymore.

Jay Lethal is proving to be kinda nothing in ROH since he left, so I'm not sure how good he could've been if they went all the way with him.

Yeah, but it's a chicken-egg thing.  Which comes first, the push or the motivation?

Wait, are we talking about a character OTHER than the one Lethal co-opted from Randall Poffo?