DVDVR Message Board

TNA releases thread

The first thing you'd have to do or what I would do is totally overhaul the markeeting department and bring in some competate people who have some fucking idea how to promote a company even if at the most basic level like putting up posters promoting local events on telephone polls and inside grocery store windows throughout the surrounding area. Id also spend a pretty penny on local radio ads and TV spots for house shows and upcoming TV Tapings & PPV's. I'd also take an equal amount of time promoting the Fan Access type events held the day before the PPV. You gotta spend money to make money and how do expect people to show up of they don't know your there. I'd make sure my ad campaign was strong Bill Board signs would be a nice touch too.

• Like 1

The first thing you'd have to do is blow it up and start over completely fresh.

THIS.

For anyone thinking about buying TNA they have to decide if the name, history and contracts, those that would transfer since I'm guessing if Sting's deal is being partly paid by Spike than it might not be part of any deal and who knows about Hogan's deal or any of the other bigger names, are worth what you're going to pay or if you are that interested in having a wrestling company would it be better to start from scratch now or buy a smaller fed and build it up or wait until TNA folds and buy up some of their talent. I think that TNA has so much stink on it that you would have to do a lot of work to make it a company that has a chance at growing.

• Like 1

Tommy Wiseau should buy TNA. He's perfect.

-he has millions of dollars

-has shown himself to be willing to throw away his cash on something that is, in all likelihood, a money-loser

-likes terrible storylines and characters that do things that make no sense whatsoever

-needs a new vanity project that he can put himself at the center of

"Oh, hai Marks!"

• Like 1

I'd like to see TNA combine that demographic that want to see matches stemming from counterfeit jeans rackets gone bad, illegal card games, or miscellanous maritime chicanery, with that pre-teen/twink demographic that like Glee.

Guys need to start singing their own entrance music, give it a real West End Story meets Rent vibe, with rival gangs marching to the ring to settle differences with their fists that ultimately get resolved with harmonious words, and maybe a kick line on PPV. Evil Linda Ronstadt, GM would fit in nicely.

Have them tackle eating disorders, guys coming out of the closet, maybe even a wrestler with AIDS. I'd like to see wrestling have a Kevin Cooper-like narration over the top of backstage vignettes. "I knew I shouldn't trust Ric Flair, hell, he'd burned me COUNTLESS times, but this time, maybe he had seen the light and needed the Stinger as a partner to tackle The Young Bucks....boy was I in for it later tonight..."

Have matches that don't mean shit be sponsored by companies. That British guy and Matt Morgan can fight for the Wendys Xplosion Trophy valued at least $8000. Sponsors, prestige, glamour, guys fighing for something other than whats right. Get rid of titles and replace them with a revolving door of corporate sponsored trophys, cups, ceremonial maces and crowns. The Susan G Komen Trophy holder could come around once a year, you could get mileage out of a heel that pledges to use this trophy, exposure and opportunity to ensure they're all hit by cancer somehow...only to be stopped by a cancer preventing babyface.

Pre-tape particular matches that are held in bizarre yet ultimately exotic locations. Blow off feuds on top of volcanos, or a pirate ship, or a spooky video store. Blue screen has not adequately been used in this industry and there is a golden opportunity. Make use of the Sharknado demographic who want to see a real life leper referee a Brazillian street fight.

How did TNA fuck this up?

• Like 2

Tommy Wiseau as the GM of TNA would fuck over all be the final nail in the coffin but goddammit would the fall be a glorious one.

I would pay good money to see Wiseau with Daniels and Kazarian as his Executive Vice Presidents.

No Wiseau appearance would be complete without him saying, "Oh, hi mark."

That could be his catchphrase he could start off his promos with "oh hi mark" and it could be on his t shirt

And then Mark Henry could debut and hit him with the WSS.

Its TNA so Marc Mero will debut hit him with the Merosault join Jarretts Planet Jarrett stable which is in a power struggle against Wiseau and EGO. Complete with Tenay proclaiming "We all know who that is Don" open Meros debut and Don Wests utter disgust when Mero joins Jarrett.

That could be his catchphrase he could start off his promos with "oh hi mark" and it could be on his t shirt

Its TNA so Marc Mero will debut hit him with the Merosault join Jarretts Planet Jarrett stable which is in a power struggle against Wiseau and EGO. Complete with Tenay proclaiming "We all know who that is Don" open Meros debut and Don Wests utter disgust when Mero joins Jarrett.

Did this actually happen?

• Like 1

Did this actually happen?

no but it should

TNA brings in Amy Dumas, sets her up as Wiseau's new girlfriend only to have her cheat on him with his best friend, Mark Mero.

Tommy finds out and cries "You're tearing me apart, Lita!"

If they kept Tara around they could have had her use her real name.

I'm picturing Tommy walking up to Bully Ray and saying OH HAI MARK and then Bully giving him the mother of all open hand chest chops.

from PWI

Attorney Christian Garstin, who represented Daffney in her lawsuit against TNA and believed that the crux of the issues between she and TNA were that the wrestlers were misclassified as independent contracts vs. actual employees, wrote the following on his Facebook: "This issue (employee vs. independent contractor) is not dead. Daffney took it to the brink and farther than any other wrestler in history has been willing and/or able to do. The courage she exhibited for over two years was simply amazing. I now have another wrestling client who intends to pick up where Daffney left off. Should get interesting."

At this point, Vince should just buy TNA and close them down because you just know these independent contractor lawsuits will inevitably end up costing WWE millions and millions too. And TNA are dumb enough to keep leaving themselves open to this stuff.

• Like 1

WWE's own programming consistently revolves around the wrestlers being portrayed as employees.  If anyone ever got an independent contractor/employee suit to court then what WWE should really be concerned with is someone showing the judge an episode of Raw.

Daffney getting money out of TNA is like if a roofer fell off his ladder and successfully sued the homeowner for damages.  Independent contractor, assumed risk, SOL.

TNA not being able to crush things in court is baffling.  They let Konnan extort money out of them and he violates their agreement all the time.  WWE clearly interfered with their contract with Flair and they simply folded rather than fight.  Is RDX Lawyer their main counsel?

Daffney getting money out of TNA is like if a roofer fell off his ladder and successfully sued the homeowner for damages.  Independent contractor, assumed risk, SOL.

Eh, a more apt comparison would be if the roofer was forced to use the homeowner's (unsafe) ladder, talked into fixing an area of the roof they felt was dangerous and could give way, and promised (falsely) beforehand they'd be taken care of it anything went wrong.

Oh, and if the homeowner then put the footage up of the fall on Youtube. 

TNA settle in these cases because they know they don't have a shot.